Strobe for the Canon A95 UW Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chrissie

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Canon A95 and the UW housing for it. What should I get for a strobe? How much do they go for?

I took a ton of pictures while in the Caribbean but think they would have come out better with a strobe. I posted them in the Gallery (under Chrissie). I tweaked them with Photoshop to get rid of the blue haze!

Chrissie

This is a popular question! There are a lot of strobes out there. For a comparison on their properties check this out...

Be prepared to pay substantially more for a strobe than you did for your camera plus housing. They are not cheap and the "cheap" ones are mostly you get what you pay for. Once you have a look at the strobe finder above, do a search with the Advanced Search function here to find out details on each one.

If I could buy one strobe right now it would be Inon's D2000. I have the 220s and absolutely love it...would recommend it. I love manual control and the 2000 has even more settings for that plus what is shaping up to be good ttl-type control. Inons are small, lightweight and take AA batteries so I only have to drag one charger around.

I also very much like the Ikelite strobes - I have three.

Good luck!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom