strong enough to use a 120?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Lorenzoid,

Thanks for the hijack.

The Faber HP (high Pressure) 120s that we use are rated at -9.41 lbs full and +.65 lbs empty. Most people take off 4 lbs of lead when using our tanks as opposed to aluminum 80s

You must be referring to Worthington or Faber LP (low pressure) 120 tanks that others in Cozumel use. What you noted is why we don't use LP tanks.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks, Dave. Well, the chart I found on-line listed those as the specs for a "Faber HP-120." The one listed as "Faber FX-120" has the specs you state. But I found another site with another chart that listed them as the specs for a "Faber HP 120." Whatever the name, no matter.

With buoyancy specs of -9.41 lbs full to +.65 lbs empty, now I understand why everyone likes your tanks.

Tanks a lot, and see you in 10 days!

Thanks, Dave. Well, the chart I found on-line listed those as the specs for a "Faber HP-120." The one listed as "Faber FX-120" has the specs you state. But I found another site with another chart that listed them as the specs for a "Faber HP 120." Whatever the name, no matter.

With buoyancy specs of -9.41 lbs full to +.65 lbs empty, now I understand why everyone likes your tanks.

Tanks a lot, and see you in 10 days!

Does this mean that there will be no YouTube videos of you belly flopping onto the sandy bottom?

Or staying afloat using several SMBs to provide a little more flotation?

Those could have been great videos.

Does this mean that there will be no YouTube videos of you belly flopping onto the sandy bottom?

Or staying afloat using several SMBs to provide a little more flotation?

Those could have been great videos.

What's this about Sandy's bottom and SMBs? I don't make those kinds of videos.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The thread hijack and posts referring to the hijack have been removed.

Moderators are users first and allowed to have their own opinions about gear, dive ops etc.
Everyone should respect that.

If you have a problem with any moderation or moderator, simply report the post(s) and ask that the specific mod not be included. Hijacking a thread only exacerbates the problem and does not endear you to anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom