Stuck in the mountains, dreaming of the ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mobyrne

Registered
Reaction score
In the goshdarn foothills of the Blue Ridge in Nor
# of dives
New member, first post. Old (did I mention OLD) diver who started in the military in 1968. almost had a very low PADI member number when I heard about it in Hawaii in '68, but didn't need the card so I passed on it. Still have my "Dive Hawaii" handwritten cert card. Oh well...

Spent several years teaching SCUBA in a rock quarry with Andrew Blanco of AB Seas and then retired and moved to the Florida Keys to teach for about 5 years before going back to school for my Ph.D. I hold BS-AC, IANTD, and PADI instructor credentials.

Now I live on a muddy lake at 1034' msl. We have 100 feet depth, but raging currents from two rivers and one foot vis at the best. But it is wet! My father-in-law picked my weighted BCD up by the inflator hose and snapped the darn thing right off at the body, so I'm not even able to go mud bathing now. Anybody know how to repair a Genesis Phanthom inflator? I checked the DIY forum, but no one has answered Scuba Sr's identical question from 3 years ago so I hesitate to ask again.

Would love to find a nice dive trip to Little Cayman with some other greyhairs, but it hasn't been a priority yet.

Also a member of the Skydivers Over Sixty bunch and am a radio amateur (KV0O). That's about it. Greetings to everyone. Blue skies and calm water! Mike

Welcome to the 'board!!!

I'm not quite there to the S.O.S. skydiver group yet but a member of the P.O.P.s
(Parachuters over Phorty):D but got a way from skydiving for over 8 years, then got addicted to SCUBA.... Blue skies and calm water, back to 'ya

Back
Top Bottom