Student dead, Lake Norfork, Arkansas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Still better than being symptomatic in a chamber.:yeahbaby:

You took the words out of my mouth Ken!

I suspect that the decision to treat asymptomatic buddies will depend on the availability of the chamber and the sophistication of the facility. Here is Tobermory, there is a chamber at the medical clinic in Tobermory, with a number of qualified Doctors, staff and volunteers. The costs of treating someone is also covered by our provincial healthcare system for the most part, so nobody needs the blessing of an insurance company.

As someone else pointed out, the logistics of needing to treat delayed onset systems in another person are tricky, but not impossible, but it easier to toss everyone into the pot at one time. I think an exception would be made if the initial victim was grievously injured and might require multiple medical attendants inside. Those chambers are pretty small...

I have some vague recollection of a victim of a second "event" being introduced into a treatment run. It was a long time ago however and I am very fuzzy on the details.

Back
Top Bottom