Student needs help with Exam-project!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric_R

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all you happy People.:)

My name is Eric and I¼¶m an industrial design student (product design) from Sweden. I¼¶m in the middle of my diploma (BFA) in which I will create a concept surrounding propulsion for individual scuba-divers, such as DPV- Diving Propulsion Vehicle. (Follow the links bellow to get an idea. Unfortually I wasnŽ´t allowed to post links I hope you get the idea)

In my work I will to start out from the premise of DPVs that exists on the market today, and examine how this product could be developed in 10 years from now.
In the capacity of a "soon to be" product designer I will mainly focus on the form giving aspect of this product. But, for the sake of the credibility for the concept, it is important that it fulfills the demands of the user.

That¼¶s why I turn to you!

I would greatly appreciate if any of you who have used this kind of propulsion technique and/or have some insight in the matter would answer some quick questions.

Traditional Diving- scooter:

Sea Scooter VS SUPERCHARGED

DVP attached to your legs:

MST JETBOOTS

The result will be presented as full-scale model.

Please forgive any misspellings.

Thank you so much!

/Eric

1. Have you ever used a scooter while scuba-diving?

2. Why and in what context? (Vacation, in work etc.)

3. What were the circumstances? Sight/clarity in water, depth, temperature, night/day, diving time?

4. What do you consider being bad and/or good about today¼Å¼Ö propulsion technique/ scooters for divers ?

5. What properties do you consider being the most important for diving-scooters?

6. While using a diving-scooter did you lease one, or did you own one yourself?

7. If you owned, what brand and model/type?

8. Were there a special reason/ property that made you choose that particular brand/model?

9. Any other advice or information that you think would be helpful to me?

Eric, welcome to the board, Scooters are rather rare in sport diving. . . Heavy and expensive to take to vacation spots. Banned in most underwater parks (threat of damage to reef). Mostly too slow for covering a large area. . . Too fast and the water pulls your mask off. I've used an inefficient pull devise that blew water back at your mask, and wasted energy. A 4 person wet sub that you could outswim, and was clumsy to transport but looked good on paper. A torpedo like devise that was fast, too fast. Your feet sat on pegs in the bottom end and a grip near the front end with a control for speed. I've not used names because some devises can't be described openly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom