http://www.diveheart.org/

[NEW] Digital logbook experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmjmpx06

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello, fellow scuba enthusiasts! :)

Are you passionate about exploring the underwater world and keeping track of your dive experiences? I'm conducting a survey to gather insights from the scuba diving community on their preferences for scuba diving logbook tools. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just getting started with diving, your input is invaluable to me.

Link: Airtable | Everyone's app platform

Why Take My Survey?
By participating in this survey, you're helping me better understand the needs and preferences of divers when it comes to logging their dives. I want to improve the tools available to divers like you, and your feedback will play a crucial role in this.

What's in it for You?
You'll be contributing to the scuba diving community by helping make logbooks more user-friendly and efficient.

How Can You Help?
  1. Click on the survey link.
  2. Fill out the survey with your honest opinions and preferences.
  3. Share this post with your fellow diving buddies, on social media, and on other diving forums to help us reach as many divers as possible.
I genuinely value your input and thank you in advance for taking the time to participate in my survey. Together, we can make scuba diving logbooks better for everyone! (I hope)
If you have any questions or feedback about the survey, please feel free to leave a comment below or contact me directly.

Happy diving, and thank you for being part of this important endeavor!

Yet another solution looking for a problem to solve.

Reading the survey questions, I see one of two objectives:
* To gather profile data,
* See how much you could make from a paid app.

No, I did not complete the survey which you’re advertising on multiple forums.
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on my survey. I truly appreciate all feedback, whether positive or critical, as it helps me refine my approach and better communicate my intentions.

- My survey was designed with the goal of understanding the needs and preferences of the diving community better. The primary objective, however, is not simply to gather profile data or assess profit potential.

- My ultimate aim is to collaboratively develop an open-source, free solution that addresses real challenges faced by divers.

- While I envision a cost-effective service, the initial survey aimed to gauge interest and understand whether divers would be open to a paid model, should it be necessary to sustain the project (it may not be). This potential fee would help cover operational costs, ensure the longevity of the service, and new features.

This project is driven by a desire to contribute something meaningful to the diving community, and I hope to foster a sense of community and shared purpose among fellow enthusiasts.

Maybe put the effort towards improving the Subsurface GUI, that'd be nice. :wink:

Maybe put the effort towards improving the Subsurface GUI, that'd be nice. :wink:
Thanks for your input regarding the Subsurface GUI. I appreciate your suggestion, it's nice to have some support !!

My goal aligns with improving existing software and considering new solutions. I believe in making improvements and providing alternatives that cater to different user needs within the diving community.

Your feedback is valuable as I work toward these objectives.
Feel free to share more thoughts or ideas and share this with your diving friends! :)

You'll have to do something special to better SubSurface which is free and runs on all platforms.
Buddy your point is well-taken: The diving community already benefits from a variety of solutions, including free and cross-platform options like SubSurface.

However, my intention is not to compete with existing solutions but rather to collaborate and complement them.

By fostering a community-driven approach, I aim to gather insights, ideas, and perspectives from passionate divers like you to create something that adds value to the existing landscape.

Sometimes, innovation comes from offering a fresh perspective or addressing specific needs that current solutions might not fully cover. :)

Diving friends !
I wanted to address a concern that some of you have raised regarding the recent survey I've been conducting. It seems there may be some confusion, and I'd like to clarify the purpose of this survey.

The primary objective of the survey is to gather insights and feedback from all of you, our valued community members. It is NOT aimed at collecting money or donations. My intention is solely to understand your needs, preferences, and ideas so that we can develop better solutions and resources together.

I genuinely want to help and contribute positively to our community. I understand that sometimes, with numerous online surveys and initiatives out there, it's easy to become skeptical. However, I want to assure you that my goal is to enhance our collective experience and not to take advantage of anyone.

Your feedback and insights are incredibly important, and they will play a crucial role in shaping any future endeavors we undertake. Your passion for our shared interests is what drives me to seek ways to improve and serve our community better.

Diving friends !
I wanted to address a concern that some of you have raised regarding the recent survey I've been conducting. It seems there may be some confusion, and I'd like to clarify the purpose of this survey.

The primary objective of the survey is to gather insights and feedback from all of you, our valued community members. It is NOT aimed at collecting money or donations. My intention is solely to understand your needs, preferences, and ideas so that we can develop better solutions and resources together.

I genuinely want to help and contribute positively to our community. I understand that sometimes, with numerous online surveys and initiatives out there, it's easy to become skeptical. However, I want to assure you that my goal is to enhance our collective experience and not to take advantage of anyone.

Your feedback and insights are incredibly important, and they will play a crucial role in shaping any future endeavors we undertake. Your passion for our shared interests is what drives me to seek ways to improve and serve our community better.
Explaining this once, OK.

Thou doth protest too much, methinks

I was intrigued at first, but now I'm getting sceptical. That's a lot of vague language. I don't know if it reminds me more of politicians or telemarketers. If you want to make something open-source, contribute to Subsurface, or invite someone to collaborate on a repository you have started. Share some ideas and show what you have built. This is starting to smell fishy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom