http://www.diveheart.org/

Quick Survey!! regarding the development of an Automated BCD (please fill it out :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was in the back of my mind as well, but I didn't bring it up because I'm not mechanically inclined. I suppose if the technology were such that there could never be a mishap because the BC thought to inflate or deflate and was wrong, that would be OK. Has anyone heard of any whiz gadget we have today that NEVER messed up on it's own.....?

A failure like that creates a life threatening situation.

You mean its not????

Then why do so many people try to fix it with back inflate BCs?

Ok, ok, let the bonfire begin

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Back inflate BCs are not a solution to poor buoyancy control. They are a solution to a ****** BC (jacket BCs.)

Now the bonfire may begin.

Back inflate BCs are not a solution to poor buoyancy control. They are a solution to a ****** BC (jacket BCs.)

Now the bonfire may begin.
Dude, it was only a joke relax! I was making light of the other thread where it was talked about :cheers:

I remember a couple of years ago someone displayed a BCD at DEMA that would inflate if it detetcted that the diver had stopped breathing for x amount of time. I never saw or heard about this BCD again, but this article seems to indicate that it was manufactured - Diver Guard – Automatically brings you to the surface in an emergency

It seemed like the worst bcd idea that I could imagine, but clearly my imagination is lacking because this is worse...

Note that the OP does not appear to be reading any of this. Haven’t been on the board since they posted it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom