Study of a frogfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
did a photography dive with some dive guests today and had "lots" of time to get several pictures of my most reliable model, The Sea Tiger Frogfish:
20910frogfish_1a.jpg

20910frogfish_2a.jpg

20910frogfish_3.jpg

I have no idea why the 2nd picture is so unclear....my original email file isn't....

Nice shots of a subject that is hard to make distinct. Perhaps they would be improved by moving closer and making the eye more distinct. You might have brought out more definition by moving so that the background behind the head of the fish was all water. Cool shots, though, and pardon my nitpicking. -Clay

Ive only seen one before but I saw it twice it was pink and about the size of a softball, this one looks huge.

louisianadiver:
Nice shots of a subject that is hard to make distinct. Perhaps they would be improved by moving closer and making the eye more distinct. You might have brought out more definition by moving so that the background behind the head of the fish was all water. Cool shots, though, and pardon my nitpicking. -Clay
OK, first of all -You're not nitpicking! You are helping me to improve! Thanks for the tips
I must say that I have zoomed in on him, but in most pictures it jus looks like a blob with an eye...lol...all the contours are over grown and in most cases he is in perfect camouflage. But I'll keep trying!

I think that's the 'moldiest' looking Frogfish I've ever seen!

Good find!

Cool pictures. I would have had a lot of fun trying to get a good pic. I am sure you did.

Yes Dennis, it was fun, especially since you broke the seal :D
That corner of the wreck was sooo busy
1) Big Frogfish
2) Baby Frogfish
3) Trembling Nudi
4) Undulted Moray
5) Eagle Ray

And everything else I might have missed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom