Stupid things new divers do...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RJP

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Look at this idiot - only four dives (OW1-OW4) under his belt, and now he thinks he can dive a BP/W, long-hose, drysuit, in trim, with buoyancy control, utilizing efficient propulsion techniques...

1084922_10201985660180467_731209074_o.jpg

He needs to join ScubaBoard quick so someone can tell him that it's not possible for a new diver to do any of those things... much less all at the same time!

In related news, I have reported his instructor to PADI, NAUI, GUE, the NSA, and KFC for such blatant standards violations!

Looks great and OBTW please report P11. I helped him in deciding what geat to buy and I took him on dive number 3 outside of class. He had his stuff together that I trusted him with my camera setup. He also did the editing of the video. BP/W, long hose, etc. and that is what he used in class. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHu7dcj_2P0

Heartwarming post! Yes, it IS possible!

RJP that is Excellent!

Some folks just get it. My 11YO JOW daughter picked up trim and fining technique very quickly.

I have reported his instructor to ... and KFC for such blatant standards violations!

The Colonel will be in contact with you soon and you better believe he will be bringing his secret recipe...

Allowing a student to accumulate skills this quickly shows an outrageous, indeed unforgiveable lack appreciation for our business model. Not one of these exceeds-minimal skills can possibly be sanctioned, indeed should never have been attempted, without completion of the appropriate classes :no:

Profits police: arrest this man's instructor!

This is obviously a screen capture from a GoPro. The image was inverted so he appeared upright, but actually his inverted posture created the illusion of no-danglies streamlining.

Seconds later, this one legged diver who was bound in handcuffs panicked and managed to signal this fact by going Full MOF.

Photography can be deceptive, the bubbles were obviously photoshopped.

Nice horizontal propulsion trim --now as long as you're in open water with no bottom surface to stir up, relax, let the knees drop & remain neutrally buoyant -- get vertical AND ENJOY LOOKING AT ALL THE COOL MARINE LIFE ALL AROUND YOU. . . !:wink:

Back
Top Bottom