Subconn E/O connector source?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fetch

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for small numbers of Subconn Micro Inline E/O connectors?

jeff

Replying to myself:

brock@o-vations.com is willing to sell Subconn connectors to low volume buyers (that is, those of us only needing a few for canister lights). His pricing is not cheap, in fact he quoted me:

The MCBH2F is $48.60
The MCIL2M on 2' cable is $26.80
A plastic locking sleeve, MCDLSF is $10.40

This is for (what appears to be) a canister light suitable set of connectors, described at http://www.subconn.com/subconn.asp?page=cir10

If anybody (omar?) knows of a less expensive source, that'd be great, but if not I suppose it'd be worthwhile to save someone else some research.

(for those who are wondering WTF this is all about - Subconn connectors are like Halcyon E/O connectors, and are used to allow you to switch out light heads while underwater. Per Lindblom's excellent DIVELIGHT COMPANION, at least :) )

jeff

Fetch, if it's any cheaper I could use a few myself, but what's the deal with the male fitting attached to a cable? I'd rather not have to splice the cable...can we get a male fitting that you attach to the cable yourself?

I'd probably go for something like 3 pairs, including the plastic locking ring.

I assume this locks the connection together so you don't loose the canister if it slides off your harness.

BTW, one advantage of this kind of thing is that if you flood the canister it won't affect the light. In a standard setup the water has a tendency to travel up the cord.

There were some rumors about poor connections, but a buddy of mine has this setup and hasn't had any problems.

Have you checked with EE to see how much they charge for their connectors?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom