Subic Bay wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a trip to Subic Bay Philippines coming up. We have are own private boat with compressor and tanks. etc. Are there any private individuals out there that would have the gps locations to the wrecks they would be happy to share? I have tried at the yacht club but they just refered us to the local dive shops. Nothing against the local dive shop which I support every time I am there but this time we have a private trip. Appricate any help.

andibk

Feel free to drop me a pm or email. I don't have the gps marks to hand...as most of the wrecks inside the bay are now buoyed (USS NY, LST, LCU, El Capitan, Japanese Patrol Boat). For those that aren't, you would be welcome to pop in to the shop and chat to my boatman for the visual references needed.

dont miss out on the submerged f4 phantom jet
dont have the coordinates though...

Its a wreck with a plaque commemorating an instructor that died there...
No co-ordinates, but its somewhere on the back side of grande island..
about 54m deep.

http://www.hazegray.org/danfs/submar/ss364.txt

Battle report of SS-364, here's a bit of the history of sub that actually sank SAKURA MARU. The Sakura is a converted Japanese Whaler that was used by IJN for inshore ASW patrols. She rests upright in 54M in the shipping Channel of Subic Bay between GI and Green Bch. Sorry, but the dive shops that do have the coordinates are reluctant to share the numbers for obvious reasons. But, then again a few cold Belgium beers might convince me to share them w/ you.

"Loose Lips sink Ships"

Back
Top Bottom