Subic!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
For evenings... ahem... If you take a tricycle or walk up the side street up to main street (Nat'l Highway?) and turn right (heading twds Subic Bay), there are a bunch of bars around the area. I forget the names... I think Mango's had a good restaurant and an adjoining "gogo" bar called Rock Lobster with pool tables... Midnight Rambler usually has an OK local band playing. Across the main st from Mangos, you'll find a bunch of gogo bars varying from total dumps to newer/ cleaner ones.

Of course, I only know all this from second hand sources...:wink: I was asleep at Johan's by 8pm... I promise...

nice try pak. :rofl3:

what..??? :confused: but it's true... I heard of these places only because my DM told me all about them...:coffee: :crafty:

Hahah thanks Pak - I believe you. So theoretically, "if" I were to take your DM's instructions, I might find some cool places... I probably will be tucked up in bed and won't be heading out at all just like you, but if I need to reccommend anyone I meet the directions to a bar, I will pass on what you have been told.....

oh and my DM also said if you take a left on the Nat'l Highway. There is another town full of bars about 5-10min by tricycle. :wink:

This is the link for Mango's in Subic Bay:
http://www.mangossubic.com/

If I ever get to the Phillipines and dive Subic Bay...I definately want to stop there.

It looks like a fun place to hook up with the local women.

Lock

Today my bosses OK'd my days off in December - so stoked!!
now I can get booking for my trip... lookout subic...

i'm back from my trip to subic - just wanted to say a big thanks to all who helped me with reccomendations and all that... had a blast, think i've got the wreck diving bug a little bit...
back in drizzly cold hk.. great..

F UNit:
i'm back from my trip to subic - just wanted to say a big thanks to all who helped me with reccomendations and all that... had a blast, think i've got the wreck diving bug a little bit...
back in drizzly cold hk.. great..

glad you had a good time. which shop did you end up using?

yeah the weather sucks big time here in HK... what's with all this rain so late in the year!

Ended up diving/staying with Johan's - pleased with everything except for a couple grumbles about the way our Wreck course was organised - but all in all had a great time.

Rain in December is unheard of, I havent taken a look at any weather charts but I guess we're catching the edge of the typhoon that swung through the 'pines..

brrr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom