Subjective evaluation G250V vs. D400 vs A700 vs Bal Adj.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad I have saved you some $:)

Seriously given availability of some rubber parts on VDH (thank you all guys) getting and rebuilding a 109 i a no brainer. I guess conshelves metal 2nds are also a good option but im not an aqualung guy and you probably know much better how they rate.
I hope SP will reintroduce the D series sooner than later :) But I would not expect it to happen soon as they are probably trying to return the "best breathing" A700 investment. At least they realized that metal stages are still in demand. It would be really cool to see a metal D series :)

I have one of those but the only issue with it is it breathes wet when inverted which is not a bid deal for me. It still is a bit different configuration of the diaphragm though :)

I find it breathes even better than the D series

It is called an upgraded pilot: SCUBAPRO Pilot with Air 1 Upgrade | eBay

But "upgrade" is a bit of a misnomer as the breathing performance is not as good as the original pilot: Google Image Result for http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/db_PILOT1.jpg

If we keep this up the thread may have to be retitled "The Devolution of Scubapro Regulators".

I believe the Air 1 is surpassed by only one Scubapro regulator, the Pilot. Early D-Series through original D400 come next, with BA's close behind. I have all of these, so that's my experience. I have to say that I haven't tried an A700 or the G260.

Sled diving in Hawaii made me love the Air 1. Are there any current regulators that have a back facing purge?

I have had an Air 1 and Oceanic Omega, neither of which are current.

I have not seen any.

Since my last post I have acquired another converted pilot that I run on the stage and this regs are great. having the purge on the back definitely helps on the scooter

Sled diving in Hawaii made me love the Air 1. Are there any current regulators that have a back facing purge?

I have had an Air 1 and Oceanic Omega, neither of which are current.

Dove a D350 on a MK-15 over the weekend. Shallow dive, but boy was it silky smooth! I'm not a fan of regs that seem to push air to you (these don't). These just seem to crack with minimal effors, and sip wonderfully. My normal rigs are MK-17 & G250v, a MK-10/10+ & 156, or a MK-17 & 156. i might give the D350 a slight advantage over the others.

I'm curious as to its cold water ability (mid 30's)...... If the second is capable, I might put it on another MK-17 I have.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom