Suggestion between Apek or Oceanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to dive SP Mk 18 G250, then I bought a Apeks AXT 200. The Apeks KICKS BUTT!!!! When I bought it retail was $700, but I have been seing them, and the AXT100 much cheaper (around $300) new.

I'm not familiar with the TX40, but I haven't heard of anyone disapointed with an Apeks yet.

JKSteger:
I'm going to by another regulator and was looking for a suggestion between the following:

Oceanic CDX5 / GT3........New
Apeks DST / TX40...........Used (just serviced though) @ $240.00

Since I love my current Scubapro G250 (oldie but a goodie). I also thought about just purchasing a new Scubapro 1st stage MK17.

What do you recommend between these. I would have a budget limit of $325.00

Jeremy

I own Oceanic and have dove Apeks. Both are good. Price isn't the the big issue; quality service is. So, I would pick the one that I could get good service on. Gee, look at all the years you are going to use these regs. They are a capital investment.

I know, I know some would do it themself. But, unless you do a lot of diving, or just enjoy doing the work as another hobby, it just isn't economical to buy the tools and keep up on service bulletins, etc

ah, that would be it... i bought mine in Spain

H2Andy:
ah, that would be it... i bought mine in Spain

It looks just like the ATX50 that my buddy has. I inquired about the 40 first because I thought it would be less expensive. No dice here.

the atx 40 does'nt have the "dial" thing to regulate air flow

otherwise, they're identical. they both have the "pre-dive/dive" switch,
but the ATX 50 has an extra dial that you can further tune

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom