Suggestion for long weekend diving in Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phuertas

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I want to do a weekend trip to the Bahamas to dive but don't have any idea of the best place, reasonably priced, place to go.
confused.gif
. Diving will be the main activity so I'm not concerned about other places to see. Thanks!

Stuart Cove's has a 4day/3night/2dive days package deal with several nearby hotels on Nassau. Stuart Cove They also offer an all-day (4 tank) package for an additional charge. Since they're on the south side of the island and all the resorts are north - they offer a free shuttle. Orange Hill Inn might be a good option for a dive focused weekend.

Bahama Divers is the other option but they'll only do 3 dives/day. Bahama Divers Home Page They also have a free shuttle from both Paradise Island and the Cable Beach area so maybe you could find something more reasonable on Cable Beach - one option might be Coco Plum resort - I found it in a search once but don't know anything about it. Coco Plum Resorts Bahamas (Nassau, Bahamas) | Expedia

There's virtually no shore diving on Nassau either - in most areas the reef is too far out.

Another option might be Bell Channel Inn in Port Lucaya on Grand Bahama Island. It should be fairly easy to get to - they offer dive packages. http://www.bellchannelinn.com/hotel.htm Caribbean Divers is on-site: http://www.bellchannelinn.com/scuba-diving.htm

Thanks for the suggestions! We haven't decided on the island yet, wanted to start with the diving :). Has anyone ever stayed at Green Turtle Club?

Thanks!

Steve, i'm pretty sure Coco Plum Resort is the old Land Shark Divers : Hotel Info renamed and renovated. At least the photos show the structure identical. It always was excellent lodgings for (hardier, less needy) divers, just never well advertised. Certainly i''ve seen signs for Berthas whilst passing. (As in Bertha's Go-Go Ribs - Nassau - Nassau / Paradise Island, Bahamas) GOOD FOOD! :)

I can only imagine they'd do their diving with Sc's or BD's in the Orange Hill style of such things. (At least i know they sold off their compressor)

Not perhaps pertinent to this thread, just for info.

Personally, i'd still maintain the best diving is further south (with the specific exception of wrecks). If i had a long weekend i'd be looking at San Salvador. Riding Rock Resort & Marina, Bahamas and go play with the Hammerheads. (I never have dived around GB). That does, however, mean traveling time eating further into diving time...

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom