Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newdiver3

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey everyone,
I am trying to plan a trip for me and my parents during spring break because i am a college freshman. Me and my dad are certified and my mom could lay on the beach all day. I was going towards Belize but my mom wants to go to the Cayman Islands, and there's so many choices. I love love love diving and thats my main reason for the trip but I have to keep my mom in mind. We're looking for great diving, a nice beach, probably all inclusive (not my taste, but will probably be cheaper) a few restaurants here and there, and not too expensive. Any suggestions?

Well all of the Cayman Islands certainly have the beaches and diving. There are a few all-inclusive options, but it is not the most popular option in Grand Cayman. Grand Caymanhas many more restaurants and topside activities

The options on Little Cayman or Cayman Brac probably have as many all-inclusive options as Grand Cayman, but there are fewer land-based activities. If your mother sincerely wishes to only relax on the beach, then this may be the perfect option.

We are a fan of Divetech @ Cobalt Coast Resort on the NW side of Grand Cayman. They are off the beathen path but only minutes from the Seven Mile beach attractions for your mom. Divetech will have everything you could every want out of diving. Two tank boat diving and free 24/7 unlimited shore diving from 2 locations. The shore diving is just awesome right out front of the resort and then you need to tryout their underwater scooters. If you ever want to try out diving with no bubbles diving they have a Rebreather 1/2 day experience to 60' for a 1 1/2 hours with no bubbles. I liked it for taking photos. The fish just came right up to my camera.

Cobalt Coast Resort could be all inclusive but there are so many awesome restaurants on Grand Cayman to explore. The Butterfly farm, the new Turtle farm are nice 1/2 day attractions but the Bontanical Gardens is a all day experience for your mom especially with all the walking trails.

Have a great trip....

Back
Top Bottom