Suit filed for Carbon Monoxide fatality - Washington state

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's actually a very clever ploy to get you to stay back 300ft... and avoid the broken windshield thing altogether.

What I've found driving on the NJT or any road back east is if you open up a gap of 300 feet, or a car length for that matter, someone is going to fill it with their car. That way, when a rock falls off the truck it hits THEIR windshield and not mine.

NJT, LIE, Blue Route, etc....300 ft...at least 4 cars and half a dozen more behind you honking and flashing their lights...when the rock falls, ten car pile up...god, I don't miss that

you want to know why this diver Died In puget sound ??? Because He was a New diver... Ive read all 10 Pages and no one here seems to understand..
1) If your boat diving / or just plain diving what should You do before you get in the water ?
Pre check your gear !!! , check to see if your air is on ? check and see how much air you have ?
2) Breath Of both your regs ... yes , take a sip of air.. nice long deep breaths, do your regs work ? yes or no ?
3) in flate your bc or wing ... before you get in the water ...

this New diver didnt do a dang thing as to pre checks, if im boat diving there is no way in hell im getting in the water with out testing my gear, and you best believe im diving with a partner who is also going to check my gear...
Bandito is not Liable for this dead diver... He had 23 dives , All in warm water ... not puget sound ... the diver panicked , and couldnt fig out how to inflate his BC , and sank , any diver after being certified should have these skills fig out how to pre check your gear, manually inflate your Bc on the surface with your mouth ...
this diver died because he wasnt experienced ... plain and simple
and Now the Lawyers want money for the living family ...
This is a civil case - there is no prosecution. there is a plaintiff (the side who claims to have been wronged) and there is a defendant. Anybody can claim to have been wronged by anyone for any reason.
The normal tactic for ambulance chasers is to aim for a quick out of court settlement, because they know that for a business a trial is a waste of time and resources and the jury a lottery or roll of dice at best.

The lawyer seems to defend big companies and it's strange that he has not named a specific individual as dive leader and and a scuba agency as defendants - suing an out of business outfit and a boat captain doesn't seem a good strategy to make a quick buck.

Puget sound diving is one of the hardest diving in the world... we have cold water, Bad to low viz, and currents ... you better be on your top game to dive some of the site we have here, cause on some sites , as soon as you hit the water your going for a ride... other sites No current at all and the boat is right there.... But your dealing with water thats 51 deg .... and its drysuit diving , Drysuit diving isnt warm water 2 mil stuff , many thing go wrong with a drysuit with just the suit in its self ...

you want to know why this diver Died In puget sound ??? Because He was a New diver... Ive read all 10 Pages and no one here seems to understand..
1) If your boat diving / or just plain diving what should You do before you get in the water ?
Pre check your gear !!! , check to see if your air is on ? check and see how much air you have ?
2) Breath Of both your regs ... yes , take a sip of air.. nice long deep breaths, do your regs work ? yes or no ?

----- stuff deleted --------

I think you missed the point that the suit is claiming his tanks were contaminated with CO at a toxic level

If this claim is proven in court, certainly, you're not trying to excuse the shop that provided those tanks ?

this New diver didnt do a dang thing as to pre checks, if im boat diving there is no way in hell im getting in the water with out testing my gear, and you best believe im diving with a partner who is also going to check my gear...
Bandito is not Liable for this dead diver... He had 23 dives , All in warm water ... not puget sound ... the diver panicked , and couldnt fig out how to inflate his BC , and sank , any diver after being certified should have these skills fig out how to pre check your gear, manually inflate your Bc on the surface with your mouth ...
this diver died because he wasnt experienced ... plain and simple
and Now the Lawyers want money for the living family ...
Assuming that the basic allegations made in the suit are correct, which is of course currently unproven...

The obvious question in response was who took money to put this obviously unqualified diver in the position to make a dive he clearly couldn't safely do? Who let him jump into the water with non-working equipment? Wasn't there supposed to be an instructor with him, as the suit says this dive was a part of a class? Where was the instructor during all this?

So no, even if what you say is true, and possibly especially if what you say is true, I don't think this means the boat and the instructor/shop are not going to have to explain some things. This ignores the whole issue of giving someone an air tank that is poisoned.

I think you missed the point that the suit is claiming his tanks were contaminated with CO at a toxic level

If this claim is proven in court, certainly, you're not trying to excuse the shop that provided those tanks ?

do us a favor and troll elsewhere - nobody else from the same shop on the same boat got any symptoms of whatsoever CO, nor did the coroner find any at the time of the accident - this is ambulance chasing at its best.

...and if the CO provided by the shop was a real claim, why going after Bandido or SSi? none whatsoever, this is the famous tactic of spreading fertilizer everywhere and hope that some sticks somewhere....

Last edited:
do us a favor and troll elsewhere - nobody else from the same shop on the same boat got any symptoms of whatsoever CO, nor did the coroner find any at the time of the accident - this is ambulance chasing at its best.
So you have more information not in the article? Where was CO found? I don't think the suit would mention it if it hadn't been found somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom