Summer events at White Star!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divers Incorporated

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Ann Arbor, Michigan and White Star Quarry
# of dives
This is a copy of the email that Just went out to all the subscribers of the White Star Quarry email notification.

---------------------------------------

I hope you are having an enjoyable spring, summer is just around the corner. I appreciate your support of White Star Quarry and I wanted to send a note telling you of some of the events we have planned for June and July. Hopefully you can pass this on to your dive buddies and save the dates and join us for these events! It would also be a great help if you could let your dive center know so we have a great turnout!

June 11 - 12 - Poseidon MkIV Rebreather Demo weekend
Poseidon will be there both Saturday and Sunday to give you an opportunity to try out some of the fantastic Poseidon Equipment including the new Poseidon Discovery MkVI Recreational Rebreather. The "try dive" is free with your diving permit.

If you are a divemaster or instructor, Poseidon is looking for safety divers to help out both days. You will accompany the divers trying out the Rebreathers and take care of any challenges that may happen. White Star Quarry will refill your tanks for free for the dives you help out with.

July 2 - 3 - White Star Quarry Photo contest
White Star Quarry will be hosting the Third annual WSQ Digital Underwater Photography contest over the July 4th weekend.

Categories are still being arranged but will include
1. Best Overall photo
2. Snorkeling Photos
3. Non Diver "Lifestyle" Photos
4. Macro and close up
5. Underwater Life
6. Wide Angle
7. Diver Poses

Winners will be announced at an evening presentation at 4pm at the quarry on July 3!

We are still looking for prize donations but right now you can expect a free day of diving at the quarry, a 10 air fill card from White Star Quarry, accessories from Divers Incorporated, Subscriptions to Midwest Dive News, a hat from New Wave Scuba, a Dive bag from Anchor bay Scuba, two tickets to Newport Aquarium, posters, hats and other diving stuff.

August 13 - Aqualung Breast Cancer Awareness event and Fundraiser
SUUNTO and Aqualung are helping FIND the Cure!

White Star Quarry is proud to be part of this amazing event! On August 13, 2011 Divers from around Ohio and Michigan are going to have an opportunity to participate in THE fun event of the season while Helping a charity find a cure for Breast Cancer! This event will start at 9am and run until 4pm.

This is a fundrasing/Family/Diving event sponsored by Aqua Lung/ SUUNTO dealers from around the region. There will be prizes, a blind auction, Underwater Navigation and BBQ along with much more!

Join us! All you need is a charitable frame of mind and you can help FIND the CURE!

More to Come!
We have some exciting fall events happening too. Check our website for updates including the White Star Quarry Treasure Hunt, Family fun day, The three day Beach Party, and MORE!

I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the quarry this summer. I hope to have an opportunity to dive with you at one of these events!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom