Sunday Catalina Dive Trip Buddy Needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So how was the diving cwhite6?

I had a blast. Julie is wonderful and a hoot to be around. There were five certified divers and two classes on board. There were even two rebreathers on board, so that was cool to see. At least I didn't feel like the only newbie! I actually enjoyed watching them and helping out with their equipment and stuff. Julie and I saw some cool sea life and generally farted around slowly on the dives. She is an excellent critter spotter. :) This was the first boat dives for me. It is some much better than shore diving as in the ease of getting into and out of the water. I will go on on the Sundiver again if I get the chance. I got to try out my full BP/W, computer and reg setup for the first time and learned some stuff about them and improved my rig a little. I need to find a way to control the inflator hose better. All in all, it was well worth the drive from San Diego and the money to go.

Glad you had a good time. Sundiver is always a joy to go on.
What spots did you dive, how was the VIS and temp. I know the surface temp/weather was great.
A group of us did OML (old marineland) Sunday morning, nice day for sure.

I know we dove one point called Pirates Cove and one called Yellowtail Point I believe. We dove another that had a good deal of kelp, but I do not remember the name of it. By my computer, the coldest we saw was 50 degrees and warmest was 62. We only went to 42 feet and stayed between 18 and 33 most of the time. The vis was around 30 feet or so. Sometimes we had further. One thing that was funny was Julie and I were swimming along on the first dive and the vis suddenly went to crap, less than 10'. We swam a little and could see the students thrashing around doing drills so we swam on. I don't mean it is funny to laugh at them, just funny how the vis got so bad so fast and why. I know I looked the same way and still do on occasion. One thing Julie did was do a formal weight check on me. We ended up dropped 6 pounds of lead. I ended up at 16 pounds and my trim was much, much better. I may get the hang of it one day. :)

Glad you had a good dive Chip... sorry I couldn't make it, next time you're out though!

Thanks Mike :) and Socal Rich for the compliments , means a lot to me :)

As for you "Chip" I had an absolute blast , looking forward to diving with you again soon . Glad you had a good time and "Thank You" ! , divers like you are are why I love my job here at Sundiver .Oh the other dive site was Hen Rock.

Back
Top Bottom