Sunshine Dive and Charter changes its name to Dive Cabo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

johnZdiver provided that in the first post. You should know that.

I would love to hear the other side to this story. Hopefully Caboticket or some others whom have been affiliated with Sunshine can give their two cents. Personally I thought they were a top notch dive op when we dove with them in July. Reviews from various websites including Undercurrent, which I believe offers more credibility, give highly favorable reviews to Sunshine. I am not a big believer in PADI representing the gold standard of dive ops. One of my worst experiences was with a designated PADI '5 Star Palm' facility. I have no specific allegiance and by no means represent Sunshine Dive Charters. I just cannot help but become suspicious of negative postings after reading the link below from Undercurrent:

Sunshine Dive and Charter, Cabo San Lucas. In the preamble to our July story, "CO Poisoning Risk Higher than You Think," we wrote about the March death of a diver, and erroneously reported that she had been diving with Sunshine and may have been overcome by carbon monoxide in her tank that her husband claimed Sunshine had filled. As it turned out, our sources got it wrong. Traun Lynch, who represents Sunshine Dive and Charter, tells us the divemaster who took Cross diving was not working for Sunshine Dive and Charter, nor did Sunshine fill his tanks. We apologize for the error; we cannot definitively tie down the source of the air, and the police are mum. Sunshine has generally received good marks from Undercurrent, and two of our California subscribers, Tom Webb and Mike Eberle, each wrote us to call attention to our error, and report that each had just been diving with Sunshine and had nothing but good experiences. So if you're headed to Cabo, put Sunshine on your list. ( www.divecabo.com )

I also would love to hear any other side to the story. I've dove with Sunshine many times and have nothing but good things to say about them

Hi I was wondering if you could send me a Private message.
Jack

I have gone diving with Sunshine on two different occasions. I have to say that Lars and the staff there are nothing but pros. My first dive was a discovery dive and we had the best time and safety was key. It was because of that experience that I ended up being certified. I will be back to Cabo, and I will dive with them again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom