Sunshine Suites Resort and Divers Down

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lauratm

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone stayed with Sunshine suites Resort and used their dive op- Divers Down? If so, would you recommend the hotel and the dive op? They also mention unlimited shore diving- opinions? Also, how close are they to the beach and is this part of the beach nice.

Thanks!

We have some trips planned with Divers Down next week. I'll let you know how they were when we get back. :14:

Hi,
I stayed at the comfort suites and dived with divers down October 2006.
The hotel is pretty basic but clean and well maintainded. Its a short walk (50 yards ?) from the beach down a path.
I thought divers down were good they picked us up at the hotel in a mini-bus and took us to their shop and then to the boat and back to the hotelk after diving. The group were small one day 6 divers the other two days 7 divers. Divers down kit was good and they knew what they were doing. The first dive was guided and the second one you could go off in your buddy teams.

When I go back to grand cayman I intend to stay at the comfort suites again and use divers down.

I hoe this helps
Doug

Divers Down was a great operation for us. Heck, they even helped us change a flat tire! We have not stayed at the Sunshine Suites but from what I saw it is across the street from the beach and just down the road from Public Beach. It does not seem like a bad place to stay.

I have stayed at Sunshine Suites, but not used Divers Down. Nice hotel, good food at the restaurant. Make sure you attend the Bar-B-Q on Thursday night.

I did 6 dives with Divers Down in January and had a very good experience with them. They have several boats and were able to get out one day when a lot of dive shops with smaller boats were not able to.

And, they got you covered! When I came up from my first dive, Trinity Caves off NW Point, the DM, Matt http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/gallery/2388205#125143487 was at the stern using his entire body to point down and was screaming "******ing divers down here, ******ing divers down here!" I looked behind me and saw a guy on jet skis quickly turn and wimper off in another direction...

Cheers, honeymoon2
http://honeymoon2.smugmug.com/

Back
Top Bottom