Suunto Cobra alarm problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never hear it either. I have used one since 1999. The flashing display and alarms are just that poor. I just turn them off as they are ineffective and totally un-necessary.

My personal take on the issue is if you rely on an alarm to keep you within a dive profile then you have done too many things wrong already. You should never hear an alarm during a dive and if you do the alarm should not be a surprise it should be more of a "duh" and irritation.

I have a Cobra III. I have all settings configured properly. All visual alarms function properly. Like you I can't hear the alarms either. Thought it was just my 6 mil hood but same situation in the Caribbean.

Planning to switch to the new Atomic dive computer as soon as I can afford the $1200. That's one sweet DC! Anyone want to buy a Cobra III less than six months old?

"My personal take on the issue is if you rely on an alarm to keep you within a dive profile then you have done too many things wrong already. You should never hear an alarm during a dive and if you do the alarm should not be a surprise it should be more of a "duh" and irritation."

True enough about relying on alarms! If you are surprised then you are not paying attention to your NDL's or gas time remaining.

I never hear it either. I have used one since 1999. The flashing display and alarms are just that poor. I just turn them off as they are ineffective and totally un-necessary.

My personal take on the issue is if you rely on an alarm to keep you within a dive profile then you have done too many things wrong already. You should never hear an alarm during a dive and if you do the alarm should not be a surprise it should be more of a "duh" and irritation.

Agreed!! I get annoyed when diving with a group and other diver's alarms are sounding. I dive to get away from the noise found topside.

I love the Cobra and will likely buy another for my son sometime soon. How much for that Cobra III??

I'd take $500. I think the original cost is $850 or so. It's less than 6 months old and has less than 40 dives.

If you like hearing and seeing your alarms. Get a Data Mask. The alarm is only inches from your ear. :wink:

I dived a cobra on my rec single tank rig. I can hear the alarm for MOD violation but I have never noticed a low preasure alarm, I don't know if that is because I don't pay attention to it or because it doesn't work. The MOD alarm is pretty constant until you ascend.

As you mentioned yourself, probably better to not rely on the alarm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom