Suunto (cobra2) data cable question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shinsen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm looking to get a cable for my Cobra2. I've seen two different USB cables that are supposed to work with it.
One has a smaller end that connects to the Cobra2 and I think it's a generic one.
The other has a larger end with a right angle connector. It has a Suunto label.
Apart from the visual difference, should they both work with a Vista PC?

Attachments

• Cobra A.jpg
    Cobra A.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Cobra B.jpg
    Cobra B.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Cobra c.jpg
    Cobra c.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 44
These look like the ones I have for my Vyper. The right angle one is from Suunto and the straight one is like the one I bought on Ebay from a German supplier. Both work fine, though I prefer the generic from Ebay.

Adam

I have both cables, and I wish I had just bought the Suunto one staight up. The generic requires it's own driver, not such a huge issue, but is not compatable with DM 3.1. If you want the generic and software p.m me for a very cheap price.

JB:
I have both cables, and I wish I had just bought the Suunto one staight up. The generic requires it's own driver, not such a huge issue, but is not compatable with DM 3.1. If you want the generic and software p.m me for a very cheap price.

This is a puzzle for me as while the generic did come with a driver CD, I did not use it, and mine works fine with DM3.1

Adam

Hi Hatul, it might be the cobra 3 and DM3.1. They seemed to change things with the newer computers. My advice is that the Generic cable may work in some configurations , but not all, so before bying ensure that your OS and computer is on the supported list.

Back
Top Bottom