Suunto D9 Dive watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver:
Dang, that's high!! I'll take a DiveRite He and a real compass!
Digital compasses are "real" compasses. They are commonly used even on warships as a backup to a gyrocompass or an INS. Another name for a digital compass is a fluxgate compass. They are very compact, but unit inside the D9 must be darn small.

I agree about the price, that's a lot of bucks, but the titanium case is very cool. Bling, bling.

android:
I'm curious about who will buy this also. It is supposed to be able to monitor three tanks via wireless with different nitrox FO2s on each tank.

It's good to 660ft, but it seems to be only useful for computing to about 130ft.

So we're talking tech divers with lots of money that trust computers? Isn't that a limited audience? Seems like an awfully expensive gauge to me.

Actually recreational divers with way too much money who want to have what they perceive as the best.

I'm not saying this in a derogatory way, I'm just saying it.

The price what I quoted for D9 is a huge different with someone's spoke.
What I got is around $1260 with transmitter.
SP is also launching new Smart TEC wrist including the transmitter at MSRP $1300.
Do you think there is huge price gap between SP and Suunto for the wrist mounted computer? Personally, as long as Suunto knows the market, I don’t think so.

And, I was told that new SP will be available after October 25. I think it is right after DEMA show.

I am not sure which one is the best choice. Any help?

Don't know why they don't make it a sapphire crystal. It adds probably $20 to the cost of manufacturer and adds several hundred to the preceived value. If it had a sapphire crystal and titanium strap, I'd pay up to 2k and wear it as a normal watch too. Compare to the price of an omega seamaster or rolex submariner and it'd be reasonable.

FZJ80:
$1775 comes straight from the 2005 Aqualung Dealer Catalog.

Wow, if then, my LDS gave me a wrong quote. After shutting my mouth, I hope I can get it with the wrong quoted price ^--^:
I am not sure how many divers can afford over $1500 for the computer. That price will make me easy to decide my future computer, SP.

hoosier:
Wow, if then, my LDS gave me a wrong quote. After shutting my mouth, I hope I can get it with the wrong quoted price ^--^:
I am not sure how many divers can afford over $1500 for the computer. That price will make me easy to decide my future computer, SP.

YIKES. That is a little expensive. Does it do your laundry and wash your car every weekend as well?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom