Suunto Dive Manager Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RPanick

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have been using the Suunto Dive Manager this summer with the 3 Cobra's (me, wife and daughter) and quite frankly I'm sick of the very poor quality of the program. It hangs frequently, it corrupts the data files, and has one of the worst user interfaces I have ever seen.

Does anyone know of another program that will download from the Cobra, or has anyone hacked the data stream yet? Granted I don't have much free time, but this might be worth the effort to write a new version that behaves better.

Thoughts comments?:

bonk:

(Free) It isn't bad... It does what it needs to in my opinion, yes it would be nice if there was something better, but short of inputing everything by hand into another application you're pretty much out of luck...

I've been using SDM for about 2 years now with my Cobra.
No problems.
I'm using Windows 98 and version 1.4
What version are you using and what OS?

MikeD

:blfish:

Funny reading through the other posts, you would think Dive Manager was really good. If its this bad, I wonder what other dive computer makers have to compare, the thought is scary. I know they probably can't do downloads on other dive computers.

Based on discussions of hacking EPROMs and a Palm version, someone has to have cracked the code. Maybe I'll go back and see if I can find the guy that did it and see if he'll share the wealth.

I'm using version 1.4 of DM and running it on Windows XP. XP, isn't very intollerant of badly written programs. While Windows 9x would tolerate just about anything. The flip side is that Windows XP doesn't crash (at least it hasn't for me yet), Windows 9x crashes frequently.

left click on properties
go to compatibility
Choose your compatibility mode.

Mine does fine as it is.

I use XP, and have no real issues other than the klutzy interface. It is a prime example of Commodore technology in a PC world... :tease: I was HOPING that we had a real upgrade with 1.4... but all I think they addressed were patches.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom