Suunto Gekko - Dive Download ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bunny.hu:
Why not accessible Your program, again?

The last time I saw CIB around these parts, he was partaking in a rather heated exchange concerning BP/W manufacturers. Those posts are MIA now. Maybe he's gone on holiday again...

Though all the content on his site seems broken, so maybe not.

Nothing like speculation, eh?

Cheers,

Andrew

I'm starting to feel like an idiot and was hoping for sme help. I am using a Gekko purchased in October and Suunto's USB download cable.

I start Gekko2Vyper
Connect Computer to download cable
Set computer to PC SET
Click "Do It"
and I get "The Interface was not detected"

After I click the "Do It" my Gekko starts to have the triangles flash above the plan and time buttons so it seems to be communicating in some fashion. I believe I'm using the correct comm port as my only other option is 1 and get no response from the Gekko when I use it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

John

Xylemane:
I'm starting to feel like an idiot and was hoping for sme help. I am using a Gekko purchased in October and Suunto's USB download cable.

I start Gekko2Vyper
Connect Computer to download cable
Set computer to PC SET
Click "Do It"
and I get "The Interface was not detected"

After I click the "Do It" my Gekko starts to have the triangles flash above the plan and time buttons so it seems to be communicating in some fashion. I believe I'm using the correct comm port as my only other option is 1 and get no response from the Gekko when I use it.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,

John

The owner of LiquidImagePhoto asked me to post this for your benefit:

" Your Email to LiquidImagePhoto.com was received but they can't answer you, as
your email address is apparently invalid and all the mail is returned as undeliverable.
If you can correct this problem, please respond to mail@Liquidimagephoto.com for further help."

some previous users reported the usb connection did not work, but the serial cable did. try using the Sunnto software to confirm which comm port is the correct one. if the comm port is correct you may need to try using the serial cable (and another pc if yours does not have a serial port).

If you get it working let me know if gauge mode apears. It seems some people get this function. I did not. in fact apart from connectivity to the pc I have absolutely no additional functionality. (so my Gekko is still a Gekko)

Hi all, I may have missed this on one of the previous pages, if I did, I am sorry. Are there plans or diagrams out there to make a USB ADAPTER if I already have a serial cable?

Back
Top Bottom