Suunto Hel02

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Lenharr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So..... I'm getting ready to head to Bonaire in October to take advanced deco and advanced nitrox classes. Plans are in the works for extended range training early next year. I'm looking at buying the Suunto Hel02. The specs are impressive. Anyone have one? Any feedback? Good or bad, please share.

This is a large investment and I prefer to research my big expenditures.

Thanks!

I have one for sale currently w/o transmitter send me a pm if you are interested. I have been diving it mainly on a recreational level and it is a nice computer, I like the deep stops and countdown as well of ease of switching gases.

I own one and very happy with it. However, they are conservative especially deeper. I dive of slates using v-planner or similar. The down side is that if you miss your run using slates for some reason you need to be well versed in deco to get out safely. You might also look at a VRX or X1 if you want to “pilot” a computer.

I've had my HelO2 for almost 2 yrs now. Very happy with it. I run it as a back- up to my Predator. It is a bit more conservative than some computers, but the conservatism is also adjustable to a point. I will hopefully be starting Trimix in the next few months & will finally get to use that feature.

I'm looking at buying the Suunto Hel02. The specs are impressive. Anyone have one? Any feedback? Good or bad, please share.
I have one, use it for deco / trimix diving. It serves primarily as a back-up to my Liquivision X1. As several have said, it seems to be a bit on the conservative side, but I have not found that to be a problem. I prefer the X1 because of the readability of the display and the use of 'taps' rather than buttons to change screens and select menu items (I still have a spot of trouble remembering the sequence with the Helo2 at times), although the reliability of the depth sensors in the X1 is a downside. However, for the price, the Helo2 is a very functional, affordable trimix-capable computer which should serve you well.

I have an X1 but would also look at the Shearwater if purchasing again. I'd rather have a trimix computer which runs a "standard" model such as Buhlmann GF or VPM, rather than Suunto's proprietary version of RGBM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom