Suunto Mosquito battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you just need the right tool to open it
Which is....?

Is it the same as the German tool someone has just posted about?
What battery does the Stinger take, and is it one or more?
How do you buy O-rings - are they a standard size?
And what about the push-button O-rings? Are they normally changed by Suunto if the computer is returned to them? Are they a standard size that can be bought, because I'm quite sure Suunto won't supply them.

Down here in Belize NONE of this stuff is available and we often/usually have to improvise. A captive O-ring such as in the Mosquito will last for many battery changes if looked after carefully. I always wash it in warm dilute detergent to get any salt residues off, rinse/dry, apply a fair amount of silicon lube, work it in well, and leave it to stand. Then I wipe off all surplus lube and re-insert it.

Before re-assembly I clean the plastic mating surfaces the same way. Never had a leak yet. I use basically the same procedure for my DiveRite Nitek+, though the design is different.

The Stinger uses a single CR2430 battery.
If possible, I will have large o-ring measured and report back the size.

An authorized Suunto service center will:
1. Change the battery, large o-ring, pressure test ($70 in Tampa FL)
2. Change the battery, large o-ring, push button o-rings, pressure test ($125 in Tampa FL).

I purchased the tool and will change my Stinger battery and large o-ring. I haven't done it yet because I was sent the wrong size o-ring. Olaf has sent the correct one at no charge, and I am waiting for it.

I do not think I will attempt to change the small o-rings, as replacing multiple o-rings without pressure testing the Singer increases the risk of a leak. However, once I actually dig into the Stinger, I will report back if it appears that replacing the push button o-rings are easy.

Also, the tool that I purchased comes with a battery, the large o-ring, and a very handy little workbench.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom