Suunto Mosquito - Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BLD_THRST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone knows whether a scratch on the watch face can be "polished" off? Or can I change the casing that it looks brand new?

Secondly, some posters mentioned that the older batches of Mosquito have some software glitches. Mine was purchased in Sept last year, hence, am not sure if the glitches have been fixed for this batch of Mosquitos.

BLD_THRST:
Secondly, some posters mentioned that the older batches of Mosquito have some software glitches. Mine was purchased in Sept last year, hence, am not sure if the glitches have been fixed for this batch of Mosquitos.
You mean recall back has identified a software bug D6 and D9, Mosquito I never know :huh:
Sunto - http://www.suuntoservice.com/safetynotice/diving/

You can polish the scratches out using jeweller's rouge.

TSandM:
You can polish the scratches out using jeweller's rouge.

Will it make the plastic face thinner, hence, affect the pressure integrity of the DC?

BLD_THRST:
Anyone knows whether a scratch on the watch face can be "polished" off? Or can I change the casing that it looks brand new?

Why are you worried about scratches on the face of a diving instrument?
UW the water fills the scratches and you will hardly notice them.

Even though I don't leave my instruments dangling, they're all clipped off or on my wrist, after a few years of regular use most of my instruments are quite badly scratched - at least when you look at them on the surface. UW they're all perfectly readable.

Just normal wear & tear of diving in rough conditions or squeezing through gaps in wrecks or UW formations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom