Suunto Prices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M&P+4:
Is there a place to get Suunto prices online? I haven't been able to even find list prices. I'm interested in the Vytec for the time being...
http://www.ssahawaii.com/Equipment/SpecialCOM.html
(I don't know if those are actually the current MSRPs, but that is the only site that showed up with the MSRPs for several Suuntos when I googled it - suunto vytec msrp - and they look to be in the range that I think I have seen in my LDS.)

The price quoted for the Vytec is with the transmitter. You will notice that in the right hand column for "your price" it says "ASK" - they may not be permitted to *advertise* a lower price than the MSRP, but can certainly do better than that. (Different manufacturers have different policies about lowest advertised prices, etc., to make it a little harder for their retailers to compete *solely* on price.)

First of all, Suunto dive computers are distributed in the US exclusively by Aqualung. Aqualung currently prohibits sales of their product line by any means other than over the counter, face to face. They can't even deliver a product thru the mail without violating Aqualung's dealer policy. These facts cover authorized sales with a factory warranty. If price is more of an issue than a warranty, look at LeisurePro for starters. Whether you want to buy from them or not, they are very good resource for a reality check on price. Using their price as a bottom line, many LDS's that are authorized Suunto dealers will match prices with LP. Another source also is divetank, who used to or may still advertize on this board. They are in Canada and are not subject to Aqualung's policies and can offer you whatever pricing they choose, deliver thru the mail and offer a factory warranty, however you will have to call them for an actual price.

Stirling:
Huh, that's higher than my LDS has them retailing for, but not by a lot. The current issue of Scuba Diving magazine has the MSRP on the VyTec with and without AI in their new dive computer review (in which all 12 computers reviewed were "Testers Choice" :06:). I don't have my copy with me.

M&P+4, PM me and I'll tell you what my LDS charged me for my VyTec without the AI transmitter, as a point of reference.

ShakaZulu:
Try Leisure Pro.......very reasonable ($539.85). Read their warranty policy and make sure you are happy with it.

http://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/SQTVTCO.html

What I would do is take the "online" price and go to an authorized dealer
and buy it. They should match price. If you can't find one locally,
I think that Scuba Toys and Dive Sports will match Leisure Pro prices and they are authorized dealers

Since web sales are not allowed, you'll have to call them over the phone and do it as a phone order.

mike_s:
What I would do is take the "online" price and go to an authorized dealer
and buy it. They should match price. If you can't find one locally,
I think that Scuba Toys and Dive Sports will match Leisure Pro prices and they are authorized dealers

Since web sales are not allowed, you'll have to call them over the phone and do it as a phone order.

Aqualung doesn't allow phone sales either. Over the counter and in person only. AFAIK, ScubaToys is NOT an Aqualung and therefore Suunto dealer.

StSomewhere:
The current issue of Scuba Diving magazine has the MSRP on the VyTec with and without AI in their new dive computer review... (snip). I don't have my copy with me.

Replying to my own reply: MSRP for the computer without the AI transmitter is $760, with the transmitter it is $1260. An LDS at minimum should be able to discount those prices 10% or more, but that's still a long way from the prices LP, SimplyScuba, DiveInn, etc. are charging. FYI.

StSomewhere:
... but that's still a long way from the prices LP, SimplyScuba, DiveInn, etc. are charging. FYI.
True. But then the Authorzed dealer SUUNTO comes with a factory warranty the others do not.

To quote from the SUUNTO website: "ONLY products purchased from Authorized Suunto Retailer are eligible for ANY warranty or service program coverage. To proof your warranty you need to have copy of proof of purchase or signed warranty card which is following every product attached to back page of instruction manual."

pasley:
True. But then the Authorzed dealer SUUNTO comes with a factory warranty the others do not.
Pasley, you don't have to cite chapter and verse to me. Read back a few threads and you'll see that my Vytec came from my LDS. I was just pointing out the huge price disparity, maybe a progressive minded LDS would take that into account.

BTW, DiveInn (Spain) and SimplyScuba (England) are obviously not based in the US, so the draconian Aqualung warranty issues in North America may be applied differently in Europe where consumers have different rights. I have no idea whether or not an EU warranty would apply to a US buyer that was willing to ship a defective piece of hardware to the seller for repair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom