Suunto Stinger and Vytec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sure am glad that you guys posted all your experiences. My Vytec should be here any day now. Isn't it just a beach!! No matter what you spend your hard earned cash on, it always seems like there is a real "negative" you'd have to deal with. I did not know about the air to nitrox mode issue.

JeffAustin once bubbled...
Hey nickjb, Tell me about the Suunto with the palm, I thought the suunto software worked with windows. Does your palm have the right connection to hook up the suunto interface? I am curious.

All the standard Suunto stuff works with windows. I wanted mine to work with my Palm so I had to make it all.

I wrote some software (free from here http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?sid=90389520021218142834&prodID=41858 )

And built a cable based on the plans here:

http://www.geocities.com/scubadiver_roli/english.html

You will need to use a modified hotsync cable or a standard hotsync cable with a simple adapter. All the parts are readily available

In theory you can use the standard suunto interface but it is pretty easy to make a 'roli' cable or buy one from Jamei(??) on this board. There are a couple of compoment changes to make it work with the Palm's lower power but they are well detailed on Roli's site I'm sure Jamei would be willing to make a special.

There is also some other Palm software available now (AquaDiveLog)

Getting further off topic... A Palm is a great tool for the diver. On mine I have dive tables, a deco planner, a tide predictor, air consumption calculator, and loads of other stuff.

HTH
Nick

For the explanation. I have to go dig mine out as not been wet for some weeks ;-0

I'll check and see if its in EAN.

Thanks again
Hoppy

Shouldve read the book again before opening mouth :bonk:

Well... they wanted and extra 500$ to switch for the Vytec... Too much ! I'll have another Stinger instead for free...

Thanks for you input guys !

I didn't have time to go through all the directions, just the basics and also to personalize the Vytec. The only problem I felt I had and it's probably only because I'm not too familiar with it was that I dove with my HP100 tank with the Vytec transmitter attached to it, and I dove with a 40 cu ft. pony bottle, staging that. I did not set up the pony bottle on my computer as my 2nd Mix just dove with a Mix 1 setting. Both tanks just had regular 21% air.

Near the end of the dive, I switched from my primary tank to my 40 cu ft. pony for about the last 20 minutes, and when I got out of the water and checked my computer, it did not register the amount of air I consumed for the dive. Is this because I did not stay long enough on my computer that it cut off the readings/recordings?

I dove this weekend and got a my air consumed reading I wanted. Definitely was because I switched last time to my pony without it being set for mix 2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom