Suunto Vyper or Oceanic VEO 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

petelars

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have narrowed my choice to two computers, and was wondering if anybody had an opinion? There are two local dive shops in town, one sells SUUNTO and the other shop thinks SUUNTO is junk. I haven't seen much on Oceanic on the forum and was wondering if anybody has any experience.

Thanks

The only computer you are allowed to have if you are a SB member is Shearwater Petrel. It does everything blah blah blah...

I would get the Oceanic because you can choose your algorithm. All my buddies dive different Oceanics and have no problems. I dive a Hollis which is Oceanic and have no complaints.

I have the vyper and i just love it. Not complicated, easy to read and still conservative. But that's just me....

I like the Vyper. It has a huge screen, is easy to navigate, and performs extremely well.

If you're interested in the Vyper, I am looking to sell mine. I bought it brand new in February and have used it on maybe 20 dives. It's air integrated with a transmitter, computer cable, and extra screen protector, $550. The only reason I'm looking to sell it is that I'm starting a divemaster program and the shop I'm doing it through doesn't sell Suunto so I am purchasing a Sherwood Amphos and I can't justify having an extra computer. I originally paid 695.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom