Swivel connectors...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I picked up a couple of these Scubapro elbows, they do help with the hose pull / push on shorter Scubapro older high flow hoses, and seem to be more along the line of what St. Somewhere was writing about. I got them for < $10 each from someone on eBay, in their original bags. They don't appear on the Scubapro US web site, you have to go to the Scubapro UK site to see them, although you should be able to buy them at US Scubapro dealers I think.

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=462

Thanks for the tip on swivels from Oxycheq, I'll have to check those out.

You must have a killer deal. It costs about $25 in Diveinn.com.
I am also looking for SP elbows.

As for the swivels from Oxycheq, I can't find their price:
http://www.oxycheq.com/OmniSwivel_Applications.html

If you plan to replace yours with new Oxycheq ones, please let me know:wink:

WarmWaterDiver:
I picked up a couple of these Scubapro elbows, they do help with the hose pull / push on shorter Scubapro older high flow hoses, and seem to be more along the line of what St. Somewhere was writing about. I got them for < $10 each from someone on eBay, in their original bags. They don't appear on the Scubapro US web site, you have to go to the Scubapro UK site to see them, although you should be able to buy them at US Scubapro dealers I think.

http://www.scubapro.co.uk/products.asp?P=462

Thanks for the tip on swivels from Oxycheq, I'll have to check those out.

rescuediver009:
iced.
However I think that like anything else, if it is properly serviced, it can be beneficial in reducing your profile and taking away that tug you may feel when turning your head.
I agree....you can reduce the incident of problems by annual service of your entire air delivery system by a skilled technician. I hope my tech. lives a long time since I had bad experiences with two previous shops prior to finding this one. I have not had a problem with my set up which includes a swivel on my primary (which really decreases jaw fatigue for me) and also a 1st generation Scubapro Air 2 secondary.

NOt to be a broken record but it is a matter of opinion. I have a 360 degree swivel and love it, especially on long dives.

Just to make sure everyone knows, the biggest failure point on any piece of dive equipment is the owner not paying attention to it!!!

hoosier:

My last price list (from october) shows the retail price is $55 for the standard swivel.. the poseidon and aga swivels are slightly more..

hoosier:

It was a "one-shot" apparently, someone selling off some sort of inventory, had a bunch of other miscellaneous items including a 'minty' D350 but I'd already picked up a 'minty' 'older' D400, etc.; their listing in my feedback profile shows the seller to no longer be a member of the eBay community. Every now & then, y'know, you're just due for a break if you happen to be looking in the right place at the right time. The (polite) phrase where I work is "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes!" But I still don't buy lottery tickets!

I don't see any reason to replace my Scubapro elbows currently, but hoosier, I'll keep you in mind if I do - you spoke up first!

padiscubapro:
My last price list (from october) shows the retail price is $55 for the standard swivel.. the poseidon and aga swivels are slightly more..

Wow, it is a really pricey to me......

WarmWaterDiver:
It was a "one-shot" apparently, someone selling off some sort of inventory, had a bunch of other miscellaneous items including a 'minty' D350 but I'd already picked up a 'minty' 'older' D400, etc.; their listing in my feedback profile shows the seller to no longer be a member of the eBay community. Every now & then, y'know, you're just due for a break if you happen to be looking in the right place at the right time. The (polite) phrase where I work is "Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes!"But I still don't buy lottery tickets!

I don't see any reason to replace my Scubapro elbows currently, but hoosier, I'll keep you in mind if I do - you spoke up first!

I guess that it would be one-shot. Yes, I would like to have SP elbows....... I keep looking for it.

hoosier:
Wow, it is a really pricey to me......

I guess that it would be one-shot. Yes, I would like to have SP elbows....... I keep looking for it.

I can get the trident swivels for about half what I pay for the "omniswivel" and wouldn;t even think consider it..

I used to use trident swivels but always had some problems after repeated use.. The omniswoivels operate much more smoothly and I have never had any issues at all.. Plus with the right tools than can be easily serviced..

The swivels are great. I got a couple of really nice ones from Tech Blue Ltd, but they just sat on the shelf for a few months until I decided to see how they worked. They're great - it's a subtle effect, but nice. They help with a long hose or a short hose.

I got one of those $35.00 swivels a couple of yrs back and routed underarm.

It was great until I sended it for service, the tech replaced the original 3 lip on each side seal with an Oring and discarded the original.
I haven't been able to use it again since it keeps unsrewing the center screw due to the outward force of the Oring, I'm looking for the correct seal but can't find it anywhere and can't bring myself to spend another $35.00 for a new swivel since mine is only missing the seal and everything else is OK.

It worked great while it lasted, and I was the envy of many divers since I used the underarm config.

If you like it, get it, but make sure the tech servicing it know what he's doing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom