T Shirt diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uh-oh. :( Sounds like I need to ask Santa for some clothes... :)

Last edited:
I am a dive t-shirt guy, and unashamed to admit it. I am also 58 years old. In fact, there is (or was) something out there called the "dive t-shirt of the month club" to which I belonged for a couple of years until I started getting duplicate shirts and quit. Really! So now I follow the "been there- got the shirt" rule, plus shirts for groups or manufacturers and outlets I frequent, like ScubaRadio,who has a pretty neat shirt. If you dare, there is a real "in your face" option at our website, scubasnobs.com.
DivemasterDennis

I have drawers worth of T-shirts and a rack full of golf shirts ... all with some reference to diving on them. Some are from trips, some from dive clubs or dive shops I've spoken at (these are usually gifts for speaking) ... and some reference diving products I've purchased that came with a t-shirt (e.g. Liquivision and DUI). I even have two ScubaBoard T-shirts ... a white one and a blue one.

They're not fashion statements ... they're basically what I wear. I don't worry much about fashion ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I've got a bunch of dive t-shirts and polos in storage somewhere, all from operations I worked at (i.e. uniforms). I wouldn't buy one specifically, although I used to when I first started. Now I work in diving, I can't afford such luxuries. LOL

I've got baseball cap that Bob from Force Fins sent me... that's been worn a lot in the last few years and is now very faded and treasured.

I'd wear anything free that was sent me, if I genuinely appreciated the manufacturer (hint hint) :wink:

Dive t-shirts are a fashion faux-paus? Man, am I glad I don't care one whit about fashion. In the summer (and on warmer winter days, particularly when I haven't been in the water for a while) dive related shirts are about the only ones I wear.

And you know another thing...I have a jacket that has dive related PATCHES all over it. There! I said it! I have a "dive jacket"! Does that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm totally incompetent in the water, or what? And again...I don't really care. lol

I like my dive Tshirts, only wear ones from places I have dove. On a related note I'm heavily into dirtbike racing and have stacks of Tshirts from those races. A friend taught my girlfriend how to turn them into a quilt, very cool and was a great gift. That lady now does it as a business and thinking I may need one from dive tshirts too.

This is the only dive t-shirt I dream of...

SA1.jpg

Uh -oh.. A "fashion faux pas?" I'm kinda screwed then.

90% of my wardrobe has something to do with diving. Almost all of my t-shirts, which are my normal garb, have either my company logo or a dive company or a dive flag on them somewhere. I'm a big fan of "DIVE" company, Amphibious Outfitters, and a company called "Deep Down." They've all got some really cool - and in most cases, very subtle - designs that are not location-specific.

Nine chances out of ten I'm wearing either swimming trunks or swimming trunks under a pair of nylon running pants, which dry out pretty quickly. I'm rarely not wearing one pair of my four or five pairs of Keen shoes, which work great on land, on the boat, wet or dry.

I dive pretty much every day... Or close to it. It's what I do for a living. My truck, my boats, my place of work... There's dive flags and "Rebel Dive Flags" (my company logo) and dive paraphernalia everywhere.

Am I am walking fashion faux pas?

I'm sure you have the panache to pull off the look. :wink:

May NOT have the panache "to pull it off", but happily I do not give a dam.

I get one from everywhere I dive. I rarely wear them on a dive trip, they're more for everyday use.

Back
Top Bottom