Take a moment, would you please ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To those of you that are willing to put your life on the line to protect us ... Thank You
Please take time to remember those that are far away ... Repost ...

Would you please set aside for a moment whether you think they should be there, or not ... and have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, families, friends, the loved & cherished , and yes, even diving .. we are ... and they are not

... Take a moment would you, to watch this, and be moved ... Until Then

And I find these two to very compelling as well .. both made by a 16 year old girl

... "Remember Me" ... YouTube - Remember Me

... "If You Want Me To" ... YouTube - If You Want Me To (EDIT no longer available, too bad, it was moving)

To all of you ...

I AM proud of you

I WILL remember you

Thanks to all!

God Bless.

J.

To those who have served and those that continue to serve, Thank you for selflessly doing what others cannot imagine.

Remember ....
Please take time to remember those that are far away ... Repost ...

Would you please set aside for a moment whether you think they should be there, or not ... and have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, families, friends, the loved & cherished , and yes, even diving .. we are ... and they are not

... Take a moment would you, to watch this, and be moved ........ Until Then

And I find these two to very compelling as well .. both made by a 16 year old girl

... "Remember Me" ... YouTube - Remember Me

... "If You Want Me To" ... YouTube - If You Want Me To (no longer available, to bad, was very well done)

To all of you ...

I AM proud of you

I WILL remember you

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night

(thank you Vanessa for the following)

"Twas the night before Christmas, and he lived in a crowd, In a 40 man tent with warriors so loud.
I had come into the tent with presents to give, And to see just who in this rack did live.
I looked all about, and a strange sight I did see, No tinsel, no presents, not even a tree.
No stockings were hung, just boots close at hand, On the locker hung pictures of far distant lands.
He had medals and badges and awards of all kind, And a sobering thought came into my mind.
For this place was different, it was so dark and dreary, I had found the home of a Soldier, this I could see clearly.
The Soldier lay sleeping, silent and alone, Curled up in his rack dreaming of home.
The face was so gentle, the barracks in such good order, But not how I pictured a United States Soldier. Was this the hero whom I saw on TV? Defending his country so we all could be free?
I realized the families that I've seen this night, Owed their lives to these Soldiers who were willing to fight.
Soon round the world, the children would play, And grownups would celebrate a new Christmas Day.
they all enjoyed freedom each month of the year, Because of the Soldiers, like the one lying here.
I couldn't help but wonder how many lay alone, On a cold Christmas Eve, in a land far from home
The very thought brought a tear to my eye, I dropped to my knees and started to cry.
The soldier awakened and I heard a rough voice, "Santa, don't cry, for this life is my choice."
"Defend my country this day, the peace do I keep." The soldier then rolled over and drifted to sleep,
I couldn't control it, I continued to weep. I kept watch for hours so silent, so still, And we both shivered from the night's cold chill.
I didn't want to leave on that cold, dark night, This guardian of honor so willing to fight.
Then the Soldier rolled over and with a voice soft and pure, Whispered, "Carry on Santa, it's Christmas ... All is Secure.."

REMEMBER them, all of them

Would you please set aside for a moment whether you think they should be there, or not ... and have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, their families, friends, the loved & cherished , and yes, even diving

.. we are ... and they are not, and will never again

[youtubehq]ervaMPt4Ha0[/youtubehq]

[youtubehq]oo46GTIZMKw[/youtubehq]

"I am a soldier and unapt to weep
Or exclaim on fortune's fickleness"
-Shakespeare

"The dreams of empire lure the hearts of kings --and so men die"
-Copororal G.W. Driscoll, Burma 1944.

REMEMBER them, all of them

Would you please set aside for a moment whether you think they should be there, or not ... and have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, their families, friends, the loved & cherished , and yes, even diving

.. we are ... and they are not, and will never again

[youtubehq]ervaMPt4Ha0[/youtubehq]

[youtubehq]oo46GTIZMKw[/youtubehq]

from my C771 Commando using Tapatalk 42

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom