Take a moment, would you please ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks D_B!

:salute:

Would you please set aside for a moment whether you think they should be there, or not ... and have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, families, friends, the loved & cherished , and yes, even diving .. we are ... and they are not

... Take a moment would you, to watch this, and be moved ... Until Then

And I find these two to very compelling as well .. both made by a 16 year old girl

... "Remember Me" ... YouTube - Remember Me

... "If You Want Me To" ... YouTube - If You Want Me To

To all of you ...

I AM proud of you

I WILL remember you

[SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+1]. . .I have no misgivings about, or lack of confidence in the cause in which I am engaged, and my courage does not halt or falter. I know how American Civilization now leans upon the triumph of the government and how great a debt we owe to those who went before us through the blood and suffering of the Revolution. And I am willing - perfectly willing - to lay down all my joys in this life, to help maintain this government, and to pay that debt.[/SIZE] . .

~Major Sullivan Ballou, July 1861.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
The Sullivan Ballou Letter
Before getting on a flight to Afghanistan, a Soldier plays a stirring rendition of 'Ashokan Farewell'. . .
Soldier Plays 'Ashokan Farewell' | Military.com

Last edited:
Reactions: D_B
:salute:

May all veterans have someone to turn to.

Five Finger Death Punch - Wrong Side Of Heaven: http://youtu.be/o_l4Ab5FRwM

Reactions: D_B
[h=2]
icon1.png
To all Veterans alive today . . .You all deserve long and happy lives in peace.[/h]
“The first quality of a soldier is constancy to enduring fatigue and hardship. Courage is only the second. Poverty, privation and want are the school of the good soldier.” ~Napolean

“My limbs sink, my mouth is parched, my body trembles, the hair bristles on my flesh. The magic bow slips from my hand, my skin burns. I cannot stand still. My mind reels.” ~Arjuna to Lord Krishna, The Bhagavad-Gita

“Go with this man . . . ; take care to bathe his face till every trace of filth has disappeared, for it would not be fitting that he go with vision clouded by the mists of Hell.” ~Dante, Purgatorio

Thanks to those that sacrificed for our freedom. We buried my brother in law, Mark Allen Christian, in Florida National Cemetery yesterday and it was a sad day. A Marine who was proud to be an American. One day of remembrance isn't enough.

Would you please have some thoughts for those that are not here, are not enjoying the weekend, are not with their families, their friends, their loved & cherished , are not playing, eating, and yes, even diving ......... we are ... and they are not

... Take a moment would you, to watch this ... and be moved

... "Remember Me"

[youtubehq]ervaMPt4Ha0[/youtubehq]

"If You Want Me To" ...

[youtubehq]oo46GTIZMKw[/youtubehq]

I AM proud of you

I WILL remember you

Back
Top Bottom