TAM Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was advised yesterday that TAM Dive Ltd, King Street, Toronto's doors had been locked by the Sheriff's dept.

That is all I know at this time.

I do know that TAM Dive Peterborough (a separate independant operation whom I teach for) is still open for business.

Mike D

Well it looks like Mike was up to more than selling scuba gear.

Go figure.....

Well as a diver I guess the number one rule is don't hold my breath. I guess I will never see my tanks that were in his shop or ever get the c-card Mike owes me.

Any scuba gear left when a store shuts down is usually gone unless someone there took it away with them prior to the closing. When that happens it not often done in the customer's interest. Try to reach Susan who in my experience (she worked for me) was always trustworthy.

The 'C' card is a different matter since that involves PADI. I can't believe the three owner/operators don't want to keep their PADI status intact so it's a simple matter of reaching one of them or, failing that, PADI. I suspect that Brian Wake would be the most helpful to find since he has a big investment in his CD status.
A prior thread suggested that they may be working at a new Climbing/Diving store in Scarborough.
If you completed the course entirely, they are obligated to (read: MUST) give you a 'C' card.

GTADiver once bubbled...
Well as a diver I guess the number one rule is don't hold my breath. I guess I will never see my tanks that were in his shop or ever get the c-card Mike owes me.

You should be able to recover your tanks from the sherriff/receiver, provided you have proof of purchase and you don't delay: after a certain amount of time, I imagine the receiver would be allowed to liquidate the assets after public notice, etc.

The c-card should be doable too - contact the agency involved directly (NAUI, PADI, etc) and see if your paperwork was ever filed. Presumably you have already completed all the requirements. Once the smoke clears, perhaps another LDS can help you if you have details of when the course was taken and your logbook of dives, etc.

It is always sad when a business folds. A valuable resource has been lost...

You can contact Mike Robertson over at Climb/Dive Toronto, located at 65 Hymus Rd. Scarborough, Ontario. Phone Number 416 751-1352. Mike has now positioned him self in a new dumpy warehouse facility. If your one of the lucky ones, You can find Mike sitting around 24/7. You need to go there because Mike has become a professional telephone call dodger.

Millerdun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom