Tampering with other divers' gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you calling me a sociopath? :popcorn:

After the diver is in his gear, and waiting to stand up re "bungieing" their tank to the bench is always fun . . .

:rofl3:

No Letterboy, I'd diagnose your personality as "High-Spirited Prankster".

Just be sure you are wearing your Superman outfit if you do the "bungie trick", so you can make a rapid escape if the victim isn't pleased :D

Best wishes.

Are you calling me a sociopath? :popcorn:

After the diver is in his gear, and waiting to stand up re "bungieing" their tank to the bench is always fun . . .

Hey that was my trick and I preformed if flawlessly I might add. I think Chip's head was about to explode. :cool2:

Hi-jack over :)

Is it an acceptable practical joke to tape a sign that says, "Eat Me" to someone's tank right before a shark dive?

:D

Writing "eat me" on their tank isn't tampering. Putting a raw steak in their pocket, so the shark does eat them; THAT would be tampering. :D

Well, then, I'll confess. I've "tampered" with my buddy's gear. He didn't notice at all when I "checked" his tank strap just before we entered the water...actually, I used the opportunity to shove a sandwich between his tank and BC. It was in a local lake, and he was truly bewildered as to why the crappie, catfish, and perch were swarming him and none of the rest of us!

I have since made amends and pledge never to do it again.:eyebrow:

One time I managed to clip off a whole deco bottle onto my wife's hip D-Ring without her noticing. Nobody else thought it was particularly funny, but it amused the heck out of me.

Tom

One of my favorites was doing a dive with two friends, one of whom had his SMB and spool clipped off to his butt D-ring. His friend stole it, inflated it, and hooked it back up to him. The whole rest of the dive, he had a big orange tail, and couldn't figure out why his trim was so head-heavy . . . :)

One of my favorites was doing a dive with two friends, one of whom had his SMB and spool clipped off to his butt D-ring. His friend stole it, inflated it, and hooked it back up to him. The whole rest of the dive, he had a big orange tail, and couldn't figure out why his trim was so head-heavy . . . :)

I can just picture that...

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom