Tank / Gas Consumption spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello!

I was doing some research on pony bottles and stumbled across a spreadsheet to calculate gas consumption and tank capacity. The home of this spreadsheet is Tech Diving Software . While it calls itself a Spare Air Ascent Calculator, I found it useful for calculations for any size tank.

Except for one thing: my American mind has a very hard time dealing with Metric measurements--especially with tanks, where the metric standard is to measure the physical volume of the tank, and the US standard is to measure the capacity of the tank! So, to make using the spreadsheet easier, I modified it to display a parallel set of US standard measurements. To keep things consistent, you still have to enter the measurements in metric units, but it instantly shows you the US standard measurements, which makes faking the metric units much easier! :)

I'm attaching the spreadsheet here in case it might be useful for someone else. The spreadsheet is in Open Document format, which can be opened by many different programs, including free ones such as OpenOffice and LibreOffice (among others), or online services such as Google Docs (and even the latest version of Microsoft Office). Unfortunately, the forum doesn't like Open Documents, so I've had to ZIP it. If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.View attachment spare_air_ascent_calculator.zip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom