Tank ID help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Why is the black one so much longer than the unpainted one? They are both supposed to be HP100's. The short one is an X7-100 and matches all the dimensions on the charts for the PST E7 100's. The black one is older, but several inches taller (about 28") and has a narrower neck. They both have the same diameter too. The numbers on the black one: DOT E9791-3500 TP5250 C528494 (then a "P" symbol that may be "PST") CDI.

tanks.jpg

Standing side by side, its hard to believe these tanks hold the same amount of air.

:cheers:
Steve

It's one of the old 7/8" valve PST 3500 psi tanks. If it's 28" tall, it's probably a 120.
Take some good measurements on both tanks and then compare them here.

But the owner of the black one (who has owned 2 of them for years - set up as doubles for cave diving) claims that it is also a 100. I don't think the Huron Scuba site has the older tanks listed-I could be wrong though.

That's what I said, but he insists that they are 100's. He said there are some cave diving documents showing these tanks exist, and will show me next time I stop by. :confused:

Maybe it's worth betting him a beer or two.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom