tank prices?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 faber e7-80 tanks (pst) that's o2 cleaned by USN standards with some high end DIN valves. They have never been used, stored in an indoor climate controlled storage unit, bought in 2003, current hydro and filled once on 10/13/3 with EAN36 with partial pressure. I am considering selling these but not sure what would be a good asking price for them. Any ideas?

Ed

Hey Ed,

Good to see you around! Hope all is well with you!

For those who don't know Ed, he is a relic from our past. He is anal about representing things ACCURATELY. If he says that they are to USN specs, I would take that to the bank. In fact, I bet that they were probably cleaned under the supervision of a former EDU technician who is even more anal than Ed and I put together. :D

that would be rainreg (mike rainone) who did the o2 cleaning. ther dive locker in panama city did the o2 partial pressure fill. :)

Ed

I guessed right. This is the man who wrote a lot of the O2 cleaning protocol for the Navy. I affectionately call him "Garlic Breath", though his favorite meal is sushi at the Crazy Buffet. You know, it's time he and I had lunch together again.

blacknet:
I have 2 faber e7-80 tanks (pst) that's o2 cleaned by USN standards with some high end DIN valves. They have never been used, stored in an indoor climate controlled storage unit, bought in 2003, current hydro and filled once on 10/13/3 with EAN36 with partial pressure. I am considering selling these but not sure what would be a good asking price for them. Any ideas?

Ed

faber e7-80 tanks (pst)?

I'm taking these as Pressed Steel E7-80s

The most available new comparisson is the Worthington X series X-80, they are selling for $269 at SCUBAToys as a data point.

The E7-80s were selling commonly for about $205. new in 2005, built for tec, priced for rec! While the 100 CF version fetched a whopping $349 commonly.

I doubt that many buyers will care who did the O2 cleaning, they come O2 factory clean enough for most uses.

The high end DIN valves will limit your market if they are not the PRO DIN/Yoke PRO valves.

You have little use on them so that's good.

A 2003 hydro needs to fit into the equation, that's getting dated.

A VIP is needed.

I'd say that $150 - $175 pending a clean VIP given the prolonged storage of elevated O2 is a deal you and the buyer could feel good about.

Pete

I talked to a lady on Decostop.com about buying one of these for $100 with no valve, that had been in use but with a little more recent hydro. I'd offer on one of these, but I really want something LP :)

actually I stand corrected, the valves on these 2 are the din/yoke that came with it. On my pony tank we changed the valve.

It is PST E7-80 tanks.

Still in hydro but it is dated yes. VIP is mostly a joke. As for the o2 clean thing they will have to be recleaned after a current VIP+..

My pony is a faber 45, sorry for the confusion.

Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom