tank size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smb1014:
I just got a set of 2 singles - E-7 100s. I have dove with them about 5 times like them a lot. Similar in weight to a AL80 but with the negative buoyancy of steel.

Where did you find an E7100? I'm searching for one.

I doubled up a pair of PST HP 100's (the previous version of the E-7 100's) in the mid-1990's when I began doing some deeper, decompression, dry suit diving in the Great Lakes. I absolutely loved these tanks for their weight/buoyancy characteristics and adequte capacity. (Using these I easily could do a 180 ffw 25 min accelerated deco air dive without violating the modified rule of thirds.) At the time, several of my tech friends were using the same doubles.

After three dive seasons, I switched out these HP 100's for HP 120's (now updated to be the E-7 120's), because these taller cylinders made it much, much easier for me to do valve shutdowns--I am just under 6' 2". I use these HP 120 doubles to date when I am diving dry. Although I havn't needed the additional capacity for the types of dives I do, and although the length of these makes schlepping them around by hand a bit of a pain, I nevertheless like these HP 120 doubles very much.

I hope this helps.

I forgot to add: I use(d) OMS bands and isolation manifold with these HP 120's. (I had used these with the HP 100's as well after upgrading from DiveRite bands and Sherwood Genesis Double-DIN isolation manifold.) Occasionally I double up my Luxfer Al 80's; to do this, I use these same OMS bands and the isolation valve section of this manifold. FWIW.

reubencahn:
Where did you find an E7100? I'm searching for one.

If you can't find the PST E7-100s, try the X7-100s manf'd by Worthington. Sea Pearls carries them. I just got one from my LDS. Same size. HP (mid-range, 3442). 10 pounds negative when full, and -2.5 empty. I removed ten pounds of lead and am still dropping like a rock. No worries re: light, hot fills. At 3k psi, it still holds more than an AL 80, with better buoyancy characteristics and a lower profile. Nice tank. The DIN-Yoke reg is a nice feature, too. They claim to come O2 clean from the factory, but you don't know where it's been or who might've removed the valve on the way to the vendor...

Curly:
If you can't find the PST E7-100s, try the X7-100s manf'd by Worthington. Sea Pearls carries them. I just got one from my LDS. Same size. HP (mid-range, 3442). 10 pounds negative when full, and -2.5 empty. I removed ten pounds of lead and am still dropping like a rock. No worries re: light, hot fills. At 3k psi, it still holds more than an AL 80, with better buoyancy characteristics and a lower profile. Nice tank. The DIN-Yoke reg is a nice feature, too. They claim to come O2 clean from the factory, but you don't know where it's been or who might've removed the valve on the way to the vendor...

My problem is that I have one E7-100 (and one HP100). I want to break down my double AL80s and double up a pair of E7-100s so I'm looking for an exact match. I just don't want to buy two new tanks. I did stop in at an LDS today and they may be interested in trading an E7-100 for the HP100 plus cash, so maybe I'm in luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom