tank threads ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phantomrfa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello all, I am looking for a manifold for my twin 7lt 200bar tanks all i need to know is what d*m thread it is.Its not 25mm,26mm, 1/2bsp i do remember something about nsp or nps but not the size and its not on the hydro paper work.anyone got any ideas :idk:

...you should be able to contact the manufacturer of the tanks for the 'specs'......likewise, the manufacturers of manifolds can certainly tell you what manifold fits your tanks if you can provide them with enough info.

You could take a tank to a machine shop and they could tell you what thread it has. Or you could take one of the existing valves to the manifold manufacturer and match threads up that way.

Ok its stopped raining and i got some imfo on tanks first hydro is 1986

IWKA .11 623 EA 526 BS 5045/1/CM/S TOV6.81
WC7.0L WP200 BAR TP 341 BAR

with a galvo coating

they are doing well in the uk ..We get all sorts of tanks over here .as long as it meets uk specs we use them

Attachments

• n638711342_1808821_7198.jpg
    n638711342_1808821_7198.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 60
they are doing well in the uk ..We get all sorts of tanks over here .as long as it meets uk specs we use them

Imperial threaded tanks ("NPS" = national pipe thread straight - oring seal) would be on US DOT marked tanks. I'm a bit skeptical that you'd have imperial NPS threads on a IWKA metric cylinder. Although its a bit older...

Can you take a pictuure of the tank's neck & any marks on the valve?

M25 valves fit into NPS 3/4" holes but will not hold pressure so you really need to get this right to be safe.

Last edited:
its not 25mm as he bitched he had to find the adaptor to test
yes it had a o ring seal on the valve to tank thread
by what i read i think its 3/4 -nps
this thread in a twin manifold with centre outlet are they still sold (not my tanks) in pic

Attachments

• steel%2072s.jpg
    steel%2072s.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 67
I still really doubt these threads are imperial but FWIW NPS threads are 3/4" x 14

Do not put a M25 valve in them under any circumstances.

we are going to have the same problem with the new 26mm and the standard 5/8 din .that goes in and holds until the 2000psi mark. Someone in Norway/sweden tried it to prove a point on how silly/dangerous this new EU ruleing is.

Back
Top Bottom