Teaching in Phuket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diddydidit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there, I am traveling to Phuket in Oct for around 6 months. Looking to get some work teaching (SCUBA) while there and have some questions.
A little about me first: 35 year old male. Full cave and Trimix certified. PADI instructor, should be MSDT by Oct. Only speak English, have my own construction company here at home(hard worker).
Is getting work there easy?
Looking for a good school that appreciates it's instructors and pays relatively well.
Also looking for a school that provides Tech diving, may do a internship to become a Tech instructor while there
Is a work Visa required to teach in Thailand?
Any other pertinent info would be greatly appreciated
Cheers

Most Phuket instructors are free-lancers, meaning you'd have to set up your own company to get a work permit issued. You can find already-set-up dive companies for sale to save time, and in fact I know of one that is up for grabs at the moment. (I have no vested interest in the sale of this particular company, but would be happy to help out a colleague who's leaving the country as well as another who's relocating here.) For a six-month stay, though, it's quite a lot of money and red-tape.

Back
Top Bottom