Tech Diving Mag 2nd issue - articles and improvements

Which article(s) did you like most? Check all that apply!

• Behind the 1990s controversy over technical diving

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • The golden compartments: halftimes from a different perspective

• Locating the SS Hogarth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Emergence du Ressel cave system in 3D

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Sidemount diving: sport or tech diving, caves or openwater, novice or expert?

• SS Dago

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A practical discussion of nitrogen narcosis

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a great magazine! More decompression theory would be interesting for me, too. I enjoy Mark Powell's book, most of the theory I think I understand by now. What would help my understanding is a more detailed comparison between the different models. A very difficult topic!

Nitrogen narcosis was also good in a sense such that I don't feel suicidal anymore when going beyond the 40m limit on plain air :) Here on SB you often get the impression that you drop dead at 41m..

Keep going!

Glad you guys are enjoying.

bygolly, what's the other reading you're doing right now?

Right now am re-reading Deco for Divers by Powell, working my way through Deeper into Diving by Lippman and Mitchell and I just finished The Six Skills by Lewis. All are great books with heaps of information. My next purchase hopefully will be Deep Diving by Gilliam. I really enjoyed the excerpt that was in Issue one of TDM

Can't seem to get enough info on the topic right now....just lapping it up.:D

Mark's book is a very nice read.

I'm currently working on a piece discussing another decompression topic, and as usual putting it all into action through the VPM-B platform. This topic is not covered in many books as far as I'm aware. The results are very interesting and very "usable", especially when it comes to longer and deeper dives.

Stay tuned, and if you didn't subscribe yet, do it now at Tech Diving Mag | Free online technical diving magazine to get a brief email reminder each time a new issue becomes available for download.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom