tech fins of choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

m&m

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I would like to know wich fins do you think are the best in all around tech diving.
I have used tiger/volo fins, split fins, cressi space-frogs, genesis aquaflex, but my presenr choice is the quattro (mares and the blades II (aqualung), wich are better thant the old blades.
From what I've heard jet fins and Turtles are better...
m&m

I have used several, but for all around Tech as you say, Turtle fins have my vote. Or Jetfins they are the same except the turtle fins fit over drysuit boots better. Especially if you have a larger foot.
Of course either one needs spring straps.

With the Turtle's(and Jetfins) you get better turning and backing ability and you lose nothing in propulsion IMHO.

:eek:uttahere

IMHO, just stay away from split fins. The dive rite site had a good article posted on their site about split fins.
Some tried and true fins: scuba pro jet, force fins, mares quattro are good fins but the heel strap can be a pain to don and doff, especially when you have a full rig on.

Jet fins with spring straps -
just like all my buddies...

Big T

Turtle fins are my choice with of course spring straps, they seem to have more force and when you are in full gear it takes alot! Dive safe!

You'll hear this over and over again from any and all DIR sources - the BEST fins, without are doubt, are the Scubapro Jet fins. DIR divers, tech, cave and wreck divers everywhere use and endorse the Jet fins! They are reasonable at like $70 brand new (go to www.leisurepro.com - they sell them for $69.00 brand new). I have used many fins, but the Jets ARE simply the best, don't cramp my legs, are a good length so your not slamming them into each other all the time, and just work great. Those vents REALLY make that fin WORK!

The US Divers Rocket fins are almost identical and work just as well. I have a pair of them as well.

Scubapro states that their new Jets use more plastics and not quite as much rubber in them as the 1970's version, and is less prone to cracking and drying out.

I have also heard in my classes that the NEW Scubapro Split fins are the fins to beat. I have NOT tried these yet, mainly because I refuse to spend $190 on a pair of fins - but, those in my class who have tried them, swear that is takes about 50% LESS effort to swim the same distance. I dunno....I use what many other do, the JETS and the ROCKETS! They simply work!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom