Tech Shorts Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of you who tried glue on pockets, how much do they weigh down on the wet/dry suit when you have a few items in them? Wondering if it might add stress to the materials.

I was curious about glue on as well. Does one put on their wetsuit and position the pocket? Taking into account the curve around the leg? (Mark With chalk or something)

I’ve been thinking between:

Belt mounted vertical pocket
Vertical pocket hanging a couple of inches down from belt (and stabilizer strap around thigh)
Tech shorts
Glue-on pocket
Hanging a pocket from a butt d-ring

-

I’ve been using the scubapro hybrid shorts. But honestly after a dozen Tec dives. The pockets are small and without an outer zipper, also the pockets outer material are stretchy as well so they will get stuck easily to any surface during a dive. I’m looking to buy another one , and thinking of the halcyon, mainly for the pockets size, I thought about mares but heard a lot of mixed feedbacks. So still not sure. But so far halcyon is on my top list.

For those of you who tried glue on pockets, how much do they weigh down on the wet/dry suit when you have a few items in them? Wondering if it might add stress to the materials.
Not really noticeable I've glued pockets onto 6 wet suits for people and my own. I don't really notice them at all and no one else has complained

Belt mounted vertical pocket
Takes up to much space on the belt, specially if you start adding other things like weight...

Vertical pocket hanging a couple of inches down from belt (and stabilizer strap around thigh)
Is a pain in the ass to put on and take off relative to the other options and still slides around on the leg to much

Tech shorts
Works well, works on multiple wet suits, is another thing to take on and off and remember to bring to the dive site.

Glue-on pocket
Have to deal with the initial hassle of gluing them on and buying multiple pockets for multiple suits, but I prefer this.

Hanging a pocket from a butt d-ring
Getting stuff out of a pocket back there is a hassle.

I’ve been using the scubapro hybrid shorts. But honestly after a dozen Tec dives. The pockets are small and without an outer zipper, also the pockets outer material are stretchy as well so they will get stuck easily to any surface during a dive. I’m looking to buy another one , and thinking of the halcyon, mainly for the pockets size, I thought about mares but heard a lot of mixed feedbacks. So still not sure. But so far halcyon is on my top list.
Fourth Element shorts are great; pricey but great.

Hi, a Tec short is not supposed to have an outer zipper. You might have life support equipment in it and a fail in the zeeper would then result in a dramatic situation

Hi, a Tec short is not supposed to have an outer zipper. You might have life support equipment in it and a fail in the zeeper would then result in a dramatic situation
The outer zipper on Halcyon and Fourth Element tech shorts are on the flap that closes the main pocket. The main compartment is a velcro closure. You can put some small items in the flap like extra double enders etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom