Technical Bcd question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Face up, face down, to fin or not to fin, All of this could go on forever. The initial comment "the light goes out at 5 meters during deco obligation, and you hit inflator to surface"
The reality here is that the poop is allready in the fan, and without assistance from surface support, you are allready dead and just don't realise it yet.
Morbid and a bit final? Yes.
Is the ocean forgiving and understanding? No
Just my .02
Eric

Part of your question was about buying from
Scuba dot com.

I bought everything for my wife and I there starting in June-06.

I have no connection with them other than being a customer,

But they are great! I can't find better prices, but they would match if you did. I laugh when I see stuff on Ebay for more than they charge for new.

Its great that all the products can be shown in list form,
and sorted by price if you want.

We dive southern Lake Michigan. Some prices have recently increased, but we got our Akona 7mm for $156 ea (now 199), with Henderson hoods and gloves, and Deep See boots from LDS. Once after an east wind we had surface temp of 54, and 48 at 36'. I was amazed that I was not cold! (We are both cold chickens).
Normal surface = 70, then 60 at 30'.

Bought Cressi XS2 Reg for $125 (now 140) + $65 for octo, Cressi Aquapro 5R for $199 (now 315) , AL80 for $125 + $40 extra to ship (now 145 + 40).
They will price match valid in-stock competitors.
They did that on our VEO 180nx computers because our orig choice would have been back-ordered for a while.

Cheaper computers are not back-lit for night (I mean per button-press, not just glow) but we probably wouldn't have needed it.

I keep an eye on their closeout section and used section.

The return process is good...took 3 tries for wifes wetsuit fit, but that is important. I ordered too big for her, and you must have snug wrist and ankle. Keeping warm is all about restricting water flow. Thats why the Akona + hood. (for price & seals).

Shipping costs plainly stated, and good price.

Anyway, sorry for the long reply.

Just remember one thing...say AHHH all the way up!

One more CON for the bp/wing...the webbing can be a tad uncomfortable during long walks across lava fields with sunburned shoulders...not pleasant...but well worth it once you are in the water...sigh...

Back
Top Bottom