Tecline Powerjet fins: true to size?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

specorelli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dear all

I want to get Tecline's Powerjet fins and I need to order them online

Can anyone tell me if they are true to size?
I.e. should I order them in my shoe size or do I need to go a size up?

Thanks in advance

Yes, order them to your normal shoe size. I wear street shoe size 42 (EU) and I have the L (42-44) size fins. They fit perfectly. Don't worry, at first the foot pockets seem to be too wide, but your foot/boot is very much fixed and in control without being crampy.

And, you can always measure the width of your scuba boots and see if they fit... Need to convert to normal* metric though :wink:

1675717581972.png

Thank you so much! Super helpful!!!
Yes, order them to your normal shoe size. I wear street shoe size 42 (EU) and I have the L (42-44) size fins. They fit perfectly. Don't worry, at first the foot pockets seem to be too wide, but your foot/boot is very much fixed and in control without being crampy.

@specorelli @Cheizz How do those compare to the SP JetFin XL? I'm renting those at the moment and it's always a pain - the XXL is way too big, whereas the XL can be a bit cramp.

I'm normally a 43 shoe size, but obviously with drysuit and thick socks that's no longer accurate.

How do those compare to the SP JetFin XL? I'm renting those at the moment and it's always a pain - the XXL is way too big, whereas the XL can be a bit cramp.

I'm normally a 43 shoe size, but obviously with drysuit and thick socks that's no longer accurate.
my idea the powerjet footpocket were more drysuit friendly as it has bigger cavity inside the pocket.

if you're using dry boot, measure the overall length of your boot sole. Go with XL if it is at least 11.5 inches.

It also depends on the kind of your boots. I wear 45 shoe, and with my drysuit (Waterproof D7) Powerjet at XL are fine.
For soft boots they are huge (even L might be too big for 45 soft boots).

Unfortunately I'm still renting a drysuit so it's quite hard to figure this out from the keyboard :D

I might go for the L since I got the same information from multiple sources - use your street size and trust that Tecline made the cavity wide/tall enough to accommodate various boots.

An update for posterity: I got size 43-44 and tried it out. It is roughly similar to the SP JetFin XL, with two notable differences:

1. Much more space and wiggle room for your toes.
2. The spring seems a bit longer - I have less trouble pulling it on and off.

Both of these combined make for a much more comfortable dive for me - less cramping of the toes, less pulling and cursing and asking for help because my boot is really wedged in the pocket (it happens all the time with the JetFin). Very happy with my purchase.

Back
Top Bottom