Tell me about Leisurepro.com please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have purchased probably 95% of my gear from Leisurepro. I have had to send 2 computers back to them, and they sent me brand new ones, which I hacd within 5 days.

A friend of mine had the same computer, similar malfuncion so he gives it to the LDS he bought it from. They had to sent it out, which took 8 weeks, and was without a comp for that time.

Tienuts:
I have purchased probably 95% of my gear from Leisurepro. I have had to send 2 computers back to them, and they sent me brand new ones, which I hacd within 5 days.

A friend of mine had the same computer, similar malfuncion so he gives it to the LDS he bought it from. They had to sent it out, which took 8 weeks, and was without a comp for that time.

People seem pretty quick to bash LP due to warranty issues, while I have never ordered from LP, a 5 day turnaround seems pretty quick for a company that supposedly doesn't offer mftr wrnty. I've been waiting nearly 6 weeks for a warranty turn-around from Scubatoys.

I have searched but I really cannot find any specific examples of LeisurePro screwing somebody. The worst I hear is "no warranty," "gray market," and "I'm not buying life support from someplace in NYC!"

It seems to me, the LP warranty is better than the factory ones. I'm sure I will get crap for this statement, but Gray market - who cares. If they are hijacking FedEx trucks full of diving gear, I have a problem with that, but obviously they are not. And trusting your life with their gear? You get new gear in the box, it's not like they are making homemade CCR's in their warehouse our of old plumbing parts.

My worst experience with them is they switched my shipping lable with someone else's, and my order was delayed 3 days.

I've spent about $1000 there. No problems and they even switched an order for me right before they were going to ship it. Great service for me, personally.

Here we go again. I have bought SP Jets in XXL and returned them to LP because they were to big. There was no problems at all and got my money back. Since I have purchased 2 Mask, 2 Snorkels, 2 Fins and 2 snorkling vest without any problems almost all on seperat orders.

Some people stay they have had issues servicing regulators at their LDS that the had purchase at LP. But I have regulators 15 years old service at my LDS that were purchase 200 miles away and out of warranty without any problems. So I don't see the difference.

I bought stuff from them a long time ago. I wasn't thrilled with the quality, but I wasn't one to return things back then. Can't tell you anything else. My big concern is warranty, despite what others on scubaboard say that it doesn't matter because they (LP) have their own warranty, I want a warranty that's valid worldwide if I have a problem. Especially on life support equipment. So if I'm traveling and I have a problem, I can take my reg to any dealer for my brand and get it taken care of. I can't if my reg has to be shipped back to one place. Just my two cents.

I do all my shopping at crazyscuba.com. Their customer service, willingness to help get me what I want & knowledge impressed me that much. They carry a whole lot more than what's online. You can call them and tell them what you want, and they'll even add it online for you or do a phone order.

Good luck with your equipment hunting!

C U underwater, :snorkel:
scubadivadivemaster

ScubaDivaDivemaster:
My big concern is warranty, despite what others on scubaboard say that it doesn't matter because they (LP) have their own warranty, I want a warranty that's valid worldwide if I have a problem. Especially on life support equipment. So if I'm traveling and I have a problem, I can take my reg to any dealer for my brand and get it taken care of. I can't if my reg has to be shipped back to one place. Just my two cents.
You do realize that when you take a problematic item in for "warranty service," they have to send it back to the manufacturer, right? If you bought it from a good LDS, they might trade one out for you, but not if your traveling.

Bought many many things form LP and have nothing but good things to say.

As I have found out--there are 2 (or more) sides to every story. I, too, used to buy alot of stuff from LP. I have never had a bad experience with them, but I never bought anything that required a warranty, such as regulators and bcds, but overall was happy.

Then... I started working for the Local Dive Shop and got the 'other' side of the story. My boss (owner) does not like LP just like 99% of all the LDS's out there. Not sure of the exact reason, but mostly because they sell stuff so cheap and that is hard to compete with. All he asks is that local divers give him a chance first to match LP's prices.

Most people don't realize how hard it is for small dive shops to stay afloat. Also, if you spend time at your LDS, you get a more personal experience, keep up on current events, get better warranty service and get professional opinions about gear. Not to mention you can meet more local divers and maybe participate in events they sponsor or join the local dive club.

I know scuba diving is an expensive sport and we all want to get the best deal. Please give your local shop at least a chance to meet online prices and if you are not satisfied, then you can go to LP, Scuba Toys, etc. Most people want their money to stay in the local community anyway.

Happy Diving!
j

Back
Top Bottom